1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Xtreme v blade wing kit

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by t608, Sep 17, 2011.

1. t608

t608 Junior Member
    from RI

I have a stainless steel xtreme vplow and I like to get the wing kit in stainless but I see they only come in yellow. Does any one know if they plan on going stainless with the wing kit?

2. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict

I swore I saw one last year. But I was looking for the same thing & CPW said it only comes in yellow as well ? Maybe the one I saw was painted silver or they discontinued it.
  3. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

Fisher has never made the wings in stainless. I can't imagine they're going to start now... they're expensive enough as it is. As was stated, I've seen guys paint them.
  4. t608

t608 Junior Member
    from RI

good point! they are price high to begin with. So yellow it then.

Do you guys use them and if so how do you like them? I plan getting for my 9.6' plow.
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2011
  5. bigdeezle442

bigdeezle442 Junior Member

I have them on my XV. I have had them for 2 years and they are almost shot. The pins are bent and the rubber is worn. They are going to be going in for some major reengineering. Biggest problem is they wear the the actual wing of the plow. Than the top pin comes out and the rest is downhill from there. I will try and post some pics of how I fixed them. I would buy them again in a heartbeat, but would do some mods before use to try and prevent the damage.
  6. TerraScraper

TerraScraper Member

Don't get them, waste of money, I bent the pins with the first couple hours. Didn't hit curbs with them either. Pretty poor design. It really sucked taking them off with the bent pins too, cost a lot of time. Id say I have about 3 hours on them and about 200 on the plow...

May try to redesign them to work better, def. a must