1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Xtreme V blade stops are they worth the $

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Mnpowerstroke99, Jan 6, 2012.

1. Mnpowerstroke99

Mnpowerstroke99 Member

I have an 8 1/2' Xtreme V MS and was wondering if the optional blade stops were worth the money.My thoughts are if they help protect the blade they should be on there from the factory. I'm quessing they help protect the angling cyclinders.I don't know for sure,thats why I'm asking on here.

2. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

I did not know they were an option fo the plow. I will have to take a look at there site.

3. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

I thought they were part of the A-frame?

4. Mnpowerstroke99

Mnpowerstroke99 Member

The part # is 44473 Blade stop kit in the acc. section on parts section of the Fisher website.

5. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

Yeah they are an option, not an included component, I think everyone was thinking of the upward bump stops that are included in two different lengths. I've never had any dealings with them....I don't even think I know anyone that is using them. I'm guessing here, but I think these were intended for the larger Med. Duty trucks....6500's, 4700 Internationals and so forth, so the blades wouldn't hit the trucks.

http://library.fisherplows.com/ddcommon/dd_pdf/pdfs/44815.00_091506.pdf

6. cubanb343

cubanb343 Senior Member
    from ERIE

I thought those originally came with the 9'6" so the blade wings wouldn't hit the truck in V mode

7. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

I just checked the parts list and Install guides...they list them as
    . It make complete sense though.

8. cubanb343

cubanb343 Senior Member
    from ERIE

, I will have to check with a buddy of mine who has one- unless someone with a 9'6" can chime in. The 8'6" doesn't need it

Last edited: Jan 7, 2012
  9. twgranger

twgranger Senior Member
    from .

im running a 9.6 with no wing stops. It has lots of clearence between the truck.

10. JJSLandscape

JJSLandscape Member

i see in your picture your running it on a new chevy as well. with my 9'6" in v and all the way up, i still scrape the edges with every little bump. was thinking of cranking up my torsion bars. do you have the same problem?

11. twgranger

twgranger Senior Member
    from .

no. i am running the 2 inch stoppers and have the headgear pins in the middle hole for more lift.

12. CGM Inc.

CGM Inc. PlowSite Veteran
    from Ontario

Our 9.6's don't have them.

13. pats plowing

pats plowing Senior Member

get them or you will be replacing modules as soon as someone hits something hard. theres 4 bolts that connect the plow a frame by the push plates that tend to wear. Once those 4 wear u can move the plow in v position and it will swing side to side. eventually the chain will destroy the motor and module. I had no blade stops installed at the time, apparently it was supposed to have them and i got them from the dealer. this is a 9.6' extreme v on a F550.

14. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

My 9'6" EZV had those stops as does my new plow (non Fisher obviously). I always thought they were there to protect the cylinders from absorbing the impact while angling.

15. eastern

eastern Junior Member

no blade stops on mine. JJSlanscape have mine on 06 3500 daully and did everything to keep from scraping. Finally installed 2.5 ready lift and plenty of space.

16. Mnpowerstroke99

Mnpowerstroke99 Member

The way it looks to me. The blade stops, stop the blade to help protect the angling cyclinders from damage when they bottom out when you hit something.