1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Xtreme V back drag issue

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by PicThePlowGuy, Dec 19, 2008.

1. PicThePlowGuy

PicThePlowGuy Junior Member

Okay... the first few times when back-dragging everything was fine... I was actually impressed by the job it did. But, now I notice that the driver's side wing isn't holding when I try back-dragging... it's giving out, and moving to the scoop position. Any thoughts?
  2. Snowaway

Snowaway Senior Member

air in the line ?
  3. PicThePlowGuy

PicThePlowGuy Junior Member

I just did the air removal procedure that was listed in the manual... didn't remedy the problem. Maybe it's in the valving?
  4. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Mine does that sometimes. Mentioned it to my dealer late last season. He mumbled something about crossover valves. I will have to ask him again.
  5. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

Sounds like a bad valve. Even in heavy snow it should stay put or maybe move a hair.
  6. weeman97

weeman97 Senior Member

my V wont stay in a complete stright position either the PS wing is scooped a lil more. i think mine was just a monday or friday built plow