1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Xtreme V-1 Fishstik problem

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by MikeRizz, Nov 24, 2014.

1. MikeRizz

MikeRizz Junior Member
    from NH

My set up, 2008 F-350 with a XV-1 with fishstik controller. Snow is on the way so I hooked up to the plow to get ready. I noticed right away that when I powered it on there was a red light flashing on the fishstik ( usually I think it is orange ). When I push a button I had to push it two or three times for it to move.

I did some research and many people online suggested a bad connection. So I checked the two connectors at the truck, cleaned them and put dielectric grease in them. Checked the battery connection and even the fishstik itself. The two prong plug doesn't feel as tight as the other but other then that I cannot find anything wrong. All lights work and the plow will move, but it takes a while. Any suggestions? Of course they are calling for snow here Wednesday night! :)

2. BIG NICKY

BIG NICKY Member

easiest way to narrow it down would be to barrow a friends controller to see if that is the issue but me and most of my buddies all run western plows so it makes it easier

3. Buswell Forest

Buswell Forest PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

Hi Mike! Oldtimer from the slednh forums here.

Call Fisher tech support at 1-207-701-4200.

4. Buswell Forest

Buswell Forest PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

But, it sounds like maybe the internal filter screen is clogged with slime.

5. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Clean the two small pins on the power cable. Blinking light is normally a communication problem.

6. 07PSDCREW

07PSDCREW Senior Member

Depends on if it's blinking fast or slow though. Slow blink is secure gaurd, fast blink is communication issue. Easiest way is to watch control while its blinking and unplug main battery plug. If flashing goes to fast... Then it's a secure Gaurd problem. If it stays at the same pace then it's communication.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2014
  7. MikeRizz

MikeRizz Junior Member
    from NH

Hi Oldtimer! Small world. :)

I did call Fisher and they were helpful. The tech walked me through all the quick stuff but I could not fix it. I was able to get it working by pushing in on the wires that feed the joystick. Not sure if the pins have a issue, they look ok. It is still not right however when plowing the other night it was acting up again.

I checked and they seemed ok.

It is a slow blink for sure.

8. MikeRizz

MikeRizz Junior Member
    from NH

Just to update this for the archives. I finally gave up and brought it to the local Fisher dealer ( JB Sales ), good guys.
    They said when this plow was new it went out from the factory with a constant on solenoid. The dealer who originally sold the plow should have replaced this solenoid with a different one because my plow has a 4 connector Fishstik. In the long run the solenoid eventually cooked the Fishstik and one of the main harness's to the truck. New Fishstik, harness and correct solenoid and all is well. Cost was about $500. Ouch.

I may reach out to Fisher but the plow is 5-6 years old and I am not the original owner so I doubt they can do anything.