1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

xtreame V will not move?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by BBP, Jan 13, 2016.

1. BBP

BBP Junior Member

first time ever having issues with my plow. Tried plowing this morning and blade morning, starts off great but 10 mins into plowing the blade will not move. Checked the connector and everything looks fine. any help will be appreciated

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Frozen.....
    Or electrical......
    Or mechanical

3. BBP

BBP Junior Member

will barley lift plow blade with no other functions work at all. I guessing hydraulic issues. I just removed the oil reservoir and checking the filter. So far filter looks fine. not sure on how to remove it at the moment

4. BBP

BBP Junior Member

Check cleaned filter. Looks like issues with Pump/Motor. Plow will barley move in the upward position with no load once the weight of the plow is on the lift cylinder, she dies. No pump noise just silence. Checked all connections and all seem good. There is a solenoid on the motor that could be the issue. I am going to parts for trucks and see what a new motor and solenoid will cost.

5. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

So when it fails under load, the motor stops?
    Is that what your saying?

If that's the case, can you make sure your still getting power AND ground to the motor when this is happening?

6. BBP

BBP Junior Member

Still getting 12 volts to motor. I think the motor is the issue as there this no noise from the pump/motor once under load. Picked up a spare and plan to install in the morning. as well as a new seal. I am thinking the shaft seal may have failed and oil got into the motor.

7. unhcp

unhcp PlowSite.com Addict

sounds like a dead motor to me, let us know

8. BBP

BBP Junior Member

Replaced motor, shaft seal, solenoid and filter. Topped her up with oil and bleed the air out and back in business. Works good as new! Found water/condensation in the motor

Last edited: Jan 14, 2016
  9. BBP

BBP Junior Member

Put the XV to the test, we got 30cm of snow last night. The plow worked excellent!:mechanic:

image.jpg

10. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

Sure it wasn't just a 25 dollar solenoid?

11. BBP

BBP Junior Member

possibly, but found condensation in the motor housing. didn't want to chance it. Replaced both, have the old motor by the furnace for a couple of days. Will try it with cables and see if will work. hopefully I will have a spare

12. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

Other than a couple hoses, we've replaced the solenoid on both of our xv's because they just quite working. I carry a couple spare ones just in case, it's a simple 10 minute repair. Good luck to ya payup