1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

XT Vee pros and cons

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by RBRONKEMA GHTFD, Jan 11, 2009.

1. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

So I've been playing around with the idea of getting a 8'2'' XT next year. I would be ordering it either from one of the dealers in the area or CPW. I do want to get it in a crate and put it together myself. I wired my truck for my plow, and mounted the mount so it can't be to difficult. How do you guys like them? I would just need to sell my regular vee and get just the plow side of everything. Also any of you guys have pics of them on your trucks would be awesome. Thanks in advanced also.

Ryan

2. DCSpecial

DCSpecial Senior Member
    from IL

I have a 9'2"....I like it. Tall sides work nice when cutting back taller drifts and it throws snow really nice with some speed.

[​IMG]

3. Eronningen

Eronningen Senior Member

I can't comment personally from ownership. I have a 8'2" V. I put the boss wings on it. My only comment would be, can you put the boos wings on it? I doubt it. If not, I would not be interested.

4. fordboy

fordboy Senior Member

I would agree with Eronningen, I would not give up the wings for it.

5. steve_robert

steve_robert Junior Member

The wings will go on it. There just not as tall as the xt profile

6. hotshot4819

hotshot4819 Senior Member

really wings will go on it?

I have always wondered if i should have went with the regular v so i could of put the wings on .

wonder how the wings would work with the xt

7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Ryan why dont you look into trading your flat top wings in at the local dealer on a set of XT wings instead of replace the entire plow? Some dealers will take trades on just the wings...or the entire plow side. Why purchase an entire new setup up when all you wnat is the XT wings.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2009
  8. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Listen to B and B or just keep you old wings, a new XT won't make you any more money, if your old plow is like new personally I think it's a waste of money to get a new XT.

9. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

I would do that, but a buddy of mine wants my regular vee, I've priced out a crated Xt at CPW and they want like 5 grand or so, but we don't need a mount, and he has a controller and wiring

10. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

You can omit all the truck side hardware from the purchase from any dealer if it isn't needed...it's all in separate box(s) anyway. But just a note, you won't normally get "full credit" for the omitted items from a complete unit in many cases.

11. mullis56

mullis56 Senior Member
    from Indiana

I agree. It does help I've plowed with one and have one on one of my trucks but it doesn't make you anymore money even though it looks good. It does carry a little more snow but not make you anymore money.

12. pieperlc

pieperlc Senior Member
    from 4-5

They make wings for the v-xt? Do you have any pics?

13. Deckscapes

Deckscapes Senior Member

We went thru the same train of thought when purchasing our 8'2" V-blade. Making a long story short, we bought the 8'2" Standard v with Boss wings over the 9'2" XT.
    The Boss wings do not fit on the XT V-blades at all...
    You will absolutely love the Boss wings, by far the best wing set-up we have ever owned!

14. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

Well now I don't know what to. Now I'm tworn between getting the wings, or a new plow. If I just wait until next year I will be able to do like a couple of you have mentioned and get the mount and what not cause a buddy of mine just got a new truck, and is gonna need a mount and wiring, but he doesn't want to do anything until next year. Hes not buying my vee as he has a half ton.

15. Deckscapes

Deckscapes Senior Member

Get a pair of the BOSS wings for your 8'2" Ploy v-plow...You will love the ability to control more snow!!!

16. jomofo

jomofo Senior Member

I have the 9'2 and it's great - but if I already had the 8'2 vee and needed wings anyway, I wouldn't get involved with the VXT.

[​IMG]

17. Snowbrdr360

Snowbrdr360 Senior Member

I just got the wings and they are great! Cant comment on the XT tho as I have never used one

18. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

When I referenced the word "wings" I was referring to the actual blade wings, not the add on extra wings as their isn't any for the VXT's.

But a little birdie tells me they're on the way though. ;) wesport

19. rjfetz1

rjfetz1 Senior Member
    from CT.

I have the xt and love it - more than the production is the bad asddd way it looks. They just look mean. Everyone comments on how cool it looks.....but its a lot of money for coolness.

20. pieperlc

pieperlc Senior Member
    from 4-5

Doesn't surprise me. They just had to make sure the xt would sell.