1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

XT straight blade

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by secret_weapon, Feb 12, 2008.

1. secret_weapon

secret_weapon Senior Member

Does any one have or used a XT straight blade? I was looking at maybe getting an 8'.
    Would it be too much, too big for a 3/4 pickup? It's only about 70 lbs. heavier than my 8' poly. It looks pretty nice and I like the taller blade. It should throw the snow a lot farther.
    Before someone chimes in about getting a V blade, I'm not interested in getting one.

Thanks,
    Tim

2. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

I wanted a 9' XT but my dealer said that they weren't available to him yet...?? I dunno, I will be ordering another plow in the fall so hopefully I can get one then. They look sweet!:nod:

3. bltp203

bltp203 Senior Member

My boss has one on his Chevy 2500. Loves it. It does throw some serious snow when he gets up to speed on a subdivision road.

4. secret_weapon

secret_weapon Senior Member

I saw one at a dealer couple months ago. Olny got a quick glance, but looked sweet. Obviously they don't have it anymore...:rolleyes:

5. Wieckster

Wieckster Senior Member

Its only 2 inchs taller then a regular plow I have the XT v-plow now that will thow the snow