1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

XRF parts quality???

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Snow Commandor, Jan 9, 2016.

1. Snow Commandor

Snow Commandor Senior Member
    from 07666

Anyone have any experience using XRF front end parts. Are they cheap made in China garbage or are they a good quality product? Will I get more than one season of plowing out of their ball joints? I just know if I buy anything other then Moog parts I'll never hear the end of it from my mechanic. Lifetime warranty or not, I'm sceptical about anything that costs a fraction of what the Moog parts go for. Any feedback would be much appreciated. Thanks guys.
  2. linckeil

linckeil PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

i had no experience with xrf ball joints, but read a lot of great things about them. so i took a chance and bought a set back in october 2010 when going through the front end of my 1996 F350 with dana 60 solid front axle. believe it or not, those ball joints are still in the truck and tight as the day i installed them.

the truck only racks up about 2500 miles per year, but sees 45-50 residential driveways per storm and about 8-12 storms per season. they are greased and inspected twice a year. i will definitely go with another set when the time finally comes.

that's my experience - others may vary.....
  3. jhenderson9196

jhenderson9196 Senior Member

I put a set of xrf ball joints in my 04 dodge 2500. They lasted about 30,000 miles. They have a lifetime warranty but you have to send back the bad joints before you get new ones. I just bit the bullet and installed DynaTrac joints.
  4. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

We put them in one truck and they didn't seem to last very long, like less than two years if I remember right. I have a year and change on the Moog's I put in and they're still nice and tight. We usually get them done every two years though
  5. cl733

cl733 Senior Member
    from Canada

they are on the fourth generation of ball joints right now , so i would bet that they have dealt with any problems that did arise from earlier designs , i was going to buy them myself, but got talked into some raybestos pro grades