1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

xp810 feedback??

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by blwnsmoke, Mar 29, 2014.

1. blwnsmoke

blwnsmoke Member

Anybody have one of these? I just dropped my EX90 at my dealer.. trading it in for a new plow. I'm tired of the problems with it and don't want to go through another season with it.

I'm either going to get a xp810 or vxf95. My dealer says they have sold about 8 xp810s in the past few years and with exception to one hydraulic line chaffing, have had no issues. Every one says they love them so far.

Was hoping to get feedback from people on here who have actually used one. Doing large parking lots for elementary schools, the 20* scoop will work out very well. It is the heaviest plow they make though besides the commercial one so that has me thinking as well.

I really have no reason for the V except for the scoop position but I think I'd be able to push more snow with the 20* 10ft xp810 scoop.

It's going on a 2015 F350.
  2. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

You've had significant issues with a certain brand of plow? And want to buy another plow from the same company?

Do you buy your plows from a plow dealer or the Ford dealer?
  3. blwnsmoke

blwnsmoke Member

Just because I had one bad plow, doesn't mean they are all bad. There are many happy customers on here using their plows. My dealer has even expressed that they have only seen one of my issues 2 other times and my 2nd issue they've never seen before. Although I was expressing my frustration, it hasn't driven me away. I believe Snowdogg is a reputable company with a very good product. I'm willing to give them a 2nd chance with a different plow.

I bought the plow from a plow dealer.

So if anyone has any feedback, please put it out there.

4. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

I just finished my 4th season with my plow and never had a problem. My A Frame is a LOT different than the one on the EX plows and built much better. Since you plow with the storm I'd say the XP will be the better choice, but I did just purchase wings for my VX making it 11'3" wide but also can be put into V if there is too much snow to push (not get stuck).

I think your good either way you chose.
  5. hayisforhorses

hayisforhorses Junior Member
    from canada

I bought one last season and I am very happy with it. I don't plow commercially just have a dually for hauling a trailer and needed I plow big enough to cover truck width. Only issue was a connection In the harness into headlight super customer service as closest dealer is a long ways away. Got a couple long yards and it will still throw snow well in angle with wings out and it will stack snow really well in one spot where space is tight