1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

XM or Sirus

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by rfed32, Dec 26, 2005.

1. rfed32

rfed32 Senior Member

How many of you guys running Sirus or XM radio in your trucks??just got Sirus for xmas and love it....

1165.jpg

1175.jpg

2. Precision Lawn

Precision Lawn Senior Member

i have xm radio

3. Antnee77

Antnee77 PlowSite.com Addict
    from RI

Don't have either currently, but plan to get Sirius soon. Not a fan of XM's programming, but both are great.

4. Plow Chaser

Plow Chaser PlowSite.com Addict

I got Sirius for Christmas and highly advocate it. Not just for Stern but for awesome programming. It's worth the $$$.

5. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

I just got Sirius but havnt hooked it up yet.Have to run the antenna but its been raining since xmas.

6. dirt digger

dirt digger Senior Member

Sirrius here, but as soon as the leaves start coming back on the trees say goodbye to your reception on back roads.

7. Dupesy

Dupesy Member

Sirius. Love it. Highly recommended.

8. Frostysnow

Frostysnow Senior Member
    from oh

i got an xm radio but i have been waiting to install it until i got a plow truck (which i did on fri:bluebounc :D :) ) so now i just have to get around to doin it

9. NEUSWEDE

NEUSWEDE Senior Member

I just got XM for xmas it is so great, can't wait to plow, has so much music you could never hear on free radio!

xm.JPG

10. iakentdoz

iakentdoz Senior Member

Love XM. Great for MLB and NCAA Football/ Basketball. I have one in the truck and a Yamaha HTR-5860 digital home theater receiver in the basement.

11. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

XM in my truck and the wifes. dont know much about Sirius, I think XM is a lot more popular, at least in my area. Only trouble I ever have with reception is in bad rain storms. Oddly enough snowstorms never affect it, so I can listen while plowing. But leaves on overhanging tree branches doesnt affect anything.

12. lawncare18

lawncare18 Senior Member

I got the XM for christmas yesterday!!!! I think it is great !!!! Would deff recomend it to everyone on here...

13. matts lawncare

matts lawncare Junior Member

personally i have never used either for plowing i always take my ipod with the fm transmitor and your good to go, i have over 3000 songs on mine so it would have to be a heck of a snow storm to go through that play list

14. MOW ME OVER

MOW ME OVER Senior Member

Sirus here also. I have Dish Network sattelite tv and they carry all of the sirus music stations which is great when I'm home although it would be nice to be able to listen to the talk at home also. I think I am going out this week and picking up the little bombox radio that I can plug my sirus reciever into when Im doing landscaping.

Those of you with Sirius do you ever listen to the Maxim radio channel with Covino and Rich at 10Am to 2Pm. Those guys are funny as hell most times also that Guy Bubba the love sponge is that Is going to be on Howards channel

15. alamarc

alamarc Member

I have Sirius in mine.

Its the in dash model which hooks directly to my Kenwood reciever. The screen displays all the info that the standard unit displays without the clutter.

16. gt2002gt

gt2002gt Junior Member

I also got xm for x-mas...So far its great but they need to configure some kind of wireless antena. Its such a pain to run the wire and hide it. i had to take out my back seat and run it under the carpet under the back seat and mount it on my trunk. I am using it in my 2000 Mustang GT....Best x-mas gift ever...what makes it even better my girlfriend prepaid the first year...:nod:

17. Robhollar

Robhollar Senior Member

Ive had xm for about a year now, I almost never listin to free radio anymore.....Rob

18. Pete7

Pete7 Member

I got Sirius two months ago it is great. I had to get it before Stern moved over so I would be ready. Plowing with it at the beginning of the month was awesome they have a channel that just keeps repeating weather and traffic plus tons of uninterrupted music channels.
    Pete

19. fms

fms Senior Member
    from Maine

Wife gave me XM for Christmas. Easy install and set up and I love the programing. It makes 16 hour shifts in the truck a whole lot easier.

20. KentuckyPlow

KentuckyPlow Member

If you subscribe to XM or Sirius, can you use it in more than one vehicle simultaneously or do you need seperate subscriptions for each reciever?