1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

xls wireing harness?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by 94chevy2500, Mar 7, 2011.

1. 94chevy2500

94chevy2500 Senior Member

is there a wiring harness for the xls or is it the 3 plug system i just bought a 2000 chevy 3500HD with the three plug and am thinking about getting an xls for it in the fall most likely if its the 3 plug, if not then its either a v or 9' straight blade

2. BillyRgn

BillyRgn Senior Member

I am pretty sure that the xls and V-plow wiring are different then a straight blade. If your truck has the wiring for a straight blade, you can only run a straight blade, you can not run a V plow or xls. If your truck is wired for a xls or v plow, you can run a v-plow or xls and you could also run a straight blade, you just have to have a straight blade controller and an adapter for the controller so it can be plugged in. I am not 100% sure about this but I am pretty sure. Maybe someone else out there could confirm??

3. 94chevy2500

your killin me hahahah im hoping thats not true but it deffinatly could be i was hoping they changed to the 3 plug so all the plows would work off one harness to me that just would make more sence haha

4. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Yes it is true. The XLS and Extreme V are multiplex wiring and have 2 plugs. Straight blade wiring runs straight blades and an older Vplow (EZV plow) using 3 plug system. If your truck previously had a EZVplow it can run a straight blade but not vice versa without different harnesses. Sorry if it doesn't make sense but on the upside you can get harnesses to run the XLS/Extreme V or EZV.

5. 94chevy2500

ok i have a 2 plug ( for mm1 straight blade) on my 94 2500
    and i have the 3 plug the newer wireing on my 2000 3500HD

i have a mm2 8 foot straight blad that was 3 plug when i bought it and was changes to 2 plug

what your saying is that my 3 plug system is older than my 2 plug system?a dealer told me they dont make the 2 plug harnesses anymore and tryin to get me to switch my plow to a 3 plug and it would cost 430 bucks just for plow side harness

6. BillyRgn

BillyRgn Senior Member

The 3 plug system on straight blades is what they currently use. The two plug system on the straight blades is older and not made any more. The two plug system is for the older pumps that are attached to the lift cylinder, the three plug system the pump is mounted and has hydraulic hoses going to the lift cylinder.

7. 94chevy2500

ok so i have the older 2 plug straight blade wiring and the newer straight blade wiring the 3 plug wont run any of the v plows eighter?

8. BillyRgn

BillyRgn Senior Member

I don't think so, I am pretty sure straight blade wiring will only run straight blades, but you should probably consult a dealer because I'm not 100% sure

9. 94chevy2500

ok thanks for helping i might just be thinking it should be the same because i worked at a boss plow dealer installing them and alll the harnesses ar the same for v plow and straight blade

10. dpglandscapes

dpglandscapes Senior Member
    from 01982

im looking to sell my xls and im from ma, message me if your interested its in good shape to

11. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Why are you selling? I'll send you a PM, I'm interested.