1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

XLS vs Xtreme V

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by joeco129, Dec 6, 2008.

1. joeco129

joeco129 Senior Member

Anyone have any good pros and cons feedback from plowing a full season witht the XLS? Also, has anyone used both the XLS and the Xtreme V to make a comparison?

I'm shopping for a new plow so any feedback is appreciated.
  2. Big Dog D

Big Dog D PlowSite.com Addict

I have and XLS that I got at the end of last December. The only thing I can say about it is that I don't know how I have plowed snow for more than 27 years without one. It's by far the most exciting peice of snow equipment I own. I would highly recommend one.
  3. joeco129

joeco129 Senior Member

Do they come stainless? Or just Fisher yellow? Are you plowing commercial? Curious as to how the wings are against curbing. Any issues? Buckling or folding?

4. Big Dog D

No stainless. I am using in Commercialy and have had no problems and I'm the most brutal guy on equipment out of the 10 of us.
  5. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

I have never used either plow, but if I was to buy a new plow I would get an Extreme V.
  6. Big Dog D

That's some real valid input. :dizzy:
  7. joeco129

joeco129 Senior Member

Yeah I agree...valid...lol. Thanks for YOUR input Big Dog... I like the concept of the plow but was just worried about killing the wings... It must work great when cleaning up windrows and spillovers...

BTW, I Love the Z28 logo... I had a 1979 I did over years ago... Someday I'll have another, a '69 Z this time!
  8. creativedesigns

creativedesigns PlowSite.com Addict

The xls handles easy on curbs because the wings are flexible if you happen to press against the curbs too much. If you hit concrete islands (lets say), the wings release themselves ( release valves) !
  9. joeco129

joeco129 Senior Member

Release valves! Nice... Now that is engineering for ya...

10. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

I have the XV and love it. I do a mix of residential and commercial. The Vee is good for me, I have a few really tough drives/roads. Hills and curves, lot's of drifting. Plus I know I can get through practically any amount of snow. The Scoop is great for cleaning up and stacking. I could see the advantage of the XLS if you did solely commercial though.
  11. Marbleman

Marbleman Senior Member

I do strictly commercial and I have both plows. I like the XLS better, hopefully I will get alot of chances to use it this year! The V plow is nice but I like the XLS better.

Each plow has it uses.
  12. TEX

TEX Senior Member

i trier to start a poll/ thread on this and it didnt go very far...............thanks for all the input everyone and please continue to post up