1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

XLS vs. Extreme V

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by snowman91, Sep 18, 2007.

1. what do you think is a better plow? considering the features, durability, liability, and performance?
  2. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

I would say the Xtreme V....its a proven plow..the XLS is new
  3. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

I love my Extreme V. IMO it has more versatility.
  4. nsmilligan

nsmilligan PlowSite.com Veteran

Depends on what your doing. If you need to ability to break thru drifted roads, or get large amounts of snow in single storms then the V is the way to go, but if you are looking at commercial work that mainly involves parking lots, and want the productivity of a wide plow, with the ability to carry a large volume of snow then the XLS would be the best.

5. creativedesigns

creativedesigns PlowSite.com Addict

Since Fisher bought out Blizzard & Western, the new xls by fisher has pretty much been proven to be an excellent plow, considering that Blizzard has great preformance success with their hydraulic wings. Even better, the xls has trip edge instead of the entire mouldboard collapsing forwad. It's like the v-plow too when it's in scoop position. So, go & buy that new xls & get into plowing the high tech fashion!!
  6. T-MAN

T-MAN PlowSite.com Addict

Actually Douglas Dynamics ( A subsidiary of Aurora Corporation based in So. Cali) owns Fisher and Western, they purchased Blizzard.
    The XLS has ZERO real world testing by the public. A few plows were tested last winter in different markets by the manufacturer.
    The trip edge is a great idea for a plow, just not on an expanding wing plow. The wings on the XLS do not trip :confused:
    They have u-edges to protect them, IMO the wings wont hold up to commercial plowing with curbs involved. We shall see. The video shows alot snow left behind by the XLS, the Blizzard scrapes better then any plow I have ever used. I have used v-s and different straights, the Blizzard can peel up hardpack. My v would float right over any hard pack.
    The bucket mode of a Blizzard PP carry's alot more snow then a v blade.

The only thing Fisher used from the Blizzard technology is the expanding wing idea, they changed everything in there design. To compare a Blizzard power plow to an XLS is like comparing a Boss V to a Fisher V :rolleyes: 2 totally different animals.

My 810 has had zero problems, never lost any time from electrical issues, or anything else. Im going to guess probally more of a dealer thing then Blizzard. We have one decent Western dealer here and at least 5 crappy ones around me.Im sure there are plenty of Blizzard dealers that dont support the product well.

When welds crack I blame the manufacturer, when I have electrical problems that should be handeled by the dealer. Im just a lucky one, then again Jerre is my dealer xysport