1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

XLS vs 9.5 Fisher with wings

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by BKS, Nov 16, 2012.

1. BKS

BKS Junior Member

Just bought myself a 2011 Ford F350 with 6.7 diesel. I'm on the fence about what plow to get: XLS or Fisher 9.5 with wings. Need to make a decision in the next few days. Does anyone have experience with either of these plows - good or bad - that they could share? pros and cons of either? would be much appreciated. thx
  2. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

i have never had a xls but have fisher v plows with wings and love then never had a issue i do a bunch of driveways at the end of a storm when we are done the commerical acounts so reverse v is nice for that they are realy both a good choice good luck

TJSNOW Senior Member

Have owned Both......I presently run an XLS and Love it....Great plow....:salute:

The 9.5 with wings would be a Beast...A real snow weapon....I don't think you would go wrong with eather plow.....Eather Plow you purchase...Please post up some pictures...:nod:....payup
  4. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

In my opinion if you do more commercial plowing the xls seems to be the way to go but I've never run one. Conversely, if you're doing more driveways the vee is the plow of choice. I used to run a vee and it was awesome for driveways and it will hold its own on the commercial side as well.
  5. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

I have both and they are both great plows. If you do alot of lots I would go with the XLS. But the 9.6 with wings is a large plow that will match the xls on moving snow, but with the XLS you can move snow around corners with less spillage. You do have to take off the wings when going from site to site and that is pain since the plow will be quite large. This is tough one, but my vote is the XLS>Thumbs Up