1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

XLS Stainless

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by NorthwestPlower1, Jan 6, 2011.

1. NorthwestPlower1

NorthwestPlower1 Member

I see what your painted XLS looks like after 2 years. Why not bring it out in stainless? And what about some stainless wings for my extreme V?

2. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY Senior Member
    from CT

thats a good idea. i like the look of a stainless plow and i bet it really increases the resale value down the road

3. rob1325

rob1325 Senior Member

I would love to see a stainless XLS like snow dogg, Preferably in a 8.6-11 or 9-11 HD version size for my F550.

4. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

I just can't see D&D comming out with an SS XLS. They would have to drastically change the design to make it work. I just can't see it being as strong as the current design. They're literally bullet proof as they are now.

I totally agree on the wings. Their Xtreme V wings are hellaciously beefy, I would love to see a similar wing for their straight blade line as well.

5. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

a little ot...but repo do you know the torque size for the bolts ontop of the xv for the moldboard........i dont have the size in my tool box...and dont want to buy the wrong one...thanks

Edit: ss xls would be a nice idea, but along with what repo said i would think the plow would be very noisey with all that stainless and moving wings also

Last edited: Jan 6, 2011
  6. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

Sorry I don't. The actual bolt is a 3/8 x 16 Button Cap Screw....no idea on head size unfortunately.

A cheap set will only run you around $20 bucks or so. As much as I like the driver handle style, I picked up a full rack of 3/8 drive style ones for $40...that was 10+ years ago.

7. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Thanks ryan

8. Raconteur

Raconteur Senior Member
    from MA

A Stainless Steel XLS . Now that would be pretty . I want one !

9. CGM Inc.

CGM Inc. PlowSite Veteran
    from Ontario

Whole frame and mold board in SS = $$$$$$
    But that would be a awesome plow!