1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

XLS Skid shoes!!!

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by LR3, Dec 30, 2015.

1. LR3

LR3 Senior Member

Anyone use them? Any good for $220? Just got the XLS and want to take care of it to make it last. No plans of doing gravel or dirt anything. Do I need them or should I get them/worth having?!

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Not really needed. And definitely not for that price IMO. Your ok with out them

3. George C

George C Senior Member

I bought them.
    I'm more interested in protection for "my" parking lot. Without them, the sharp cutting edge ends can gouge out parts of pavement in uneven areas like DI drains. I also have a rear gravel lot that I don't want to fight before it freezes hard. Should help poly edge life as well as keeping the steel edge from rounding out at the ends.

If plowing other commercial lots, they are not necessary.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2015
  4. LR3

LR3 Senior Member

Excellent guys. Thanks for the heads up. Commercial asphalt and can't ncrete lots only. So I'll be fine without them.