1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

XLS Problems

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by joepetrilli, Mar 16, 2015.

1. joepetrilli

joepetrilli Member
    from NJ

My Xls is raising slowly but has no problem going side to side or scoop mode! Any Help?

2. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Check fluid level

If full, drain and check the screen in the holding tank.

3. joepetrilli

joepetrilli Member
    from NJ

Where do I learn how to do that?

4. gtmustang00

gtmustang00 Senior Member
    from Berlin

Fluid could be low or pump is getting weak. Check the pump pressure with a gauge. The relief could have backed out too.

5. LapeerLandscape

LapeerLandscape PlowSite.com Addict

If you cant atleast check or change or plow fluid you may want to trade your plow in on a video game that simulates snow plowing. Or just take it to the dealer and have them do it.

6. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

With lift ram down, remove square plug on round can and inspect fluid level. If low, add some.

Based on ur comments, I would advise you dropping it off for full service.

7. joepetrilli

joepetrilli Member
    from NJ

Wow a lot of jokers out there! Thought I would reach out for some help from professionals! Have worked on cars trucks even tanks but not on Fisher XLS plows!

8. jhenderson9196

jhenderson9196 Senior Member

There's a lot of people around who never even look at the cover of an owners manual, never mind go to a manufactures website to get service info. They are the dealers prey.

9. Defcon 5

Defcon 5 PlowSite.com Addict

Yes there are a lot of "Experts" on here........:dizzy:

Take the plow to the dealer.....Tell him the issues you are having...Ask questions about the plow....Have him show you the basics.....

Fisher website has parts diagrams on it...Take the time to look at those...

10. mksent02

mksent02 Member

I have never worked on an xls but, most of the other models. all the info you need is on fisher's website, there is trouble shooting there. It looks way more complicated than it is. ck the up ram for leaks & the motor for excessive draw. Good luck