1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Xls problem

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by joedafs, Feb 7, 2016.

1. joedafs

joedafs Member
    from Toronto

Xls won't function properly. Won't go up. Scoop and left wing blade goes right.Right and left button blade goes left. Any help trying to figure this out would be appreciated.

2. Western1

Western1 Senior Member
    from MI.

Any chance you could try a different controller or hook it up to another truck to eliminate truck side or Plow side?
    Thinking it would probably be in the controller or the plow module.

3. Hysert

Hysert PlowSite.com Addict

Is the plow new?? We had a new snowex on my truck a few weeks back and a few functions were backwards, the hoses were on the wrong ports

4. joedafs

joedafs Member
    from Toronto

The truck side is good. I tried another plow and it works. i just bought it used and has been sitting since last season.

5. joedafs

joedafs Member
    from Toronto

I haven't checked the lines but nothing looks like it's been disturbed. The plow had been sitting since last season and I just bought it used.

6. Western1

Western1 Senior Member
    from MI.

Check wires under the cover and connections. If you can swap out the plow module with another that would be helpful.

7. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

I checked the valve sequences to your description, there's no correlation from valve to valve per function that would suggest it's one or even two malfunctioning valves.

I'd start with the control harness connector plow side, and work your way into the power unit looking for issues...chafing of the control harness at all, corrosion in the connector, loose connection on any of the ports on the ISO, loose connections on the spade terminals of the coil/valves, loose jam nut on the coils to valves....

Step two would be to double check routing of hoses. View attachment xls hose routing.pdf .

If that all looks good, I'd swap or replace that plow side ISO.
    Part 44354-3 at about $200 average price.

Pay close attention to Valves 1,5,6,& 8
    View attachment xls valve location.pdf

8. joedafs

joedafs Member
    from Toronto

Thanks for the info repo!! I was thinking the power cable also. I will try to get another plow to swap some stuff and report back. If there's anything else that come to mind let me know.

9. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Did you check all 4 fuses out on the plow?

10. joedafs

joedafs Member
    from Toronto

All fuses seem fine. None blown.

11. Western1

Western1 Senior Member
    from MI.

Did you figure out what was wrong?

12. joedafs

joedafs Member
    from Toronto

No. I haven't spent any time on it. Any further ideas for diagnosing the problem would be great.

13. Western1

Western1 Senior Member
    from MI.

Well since its on the plow side it can only be a couple things. Plow module,wires to/from module or solenoids/valves. If you can swap out the plow module that would eliminate that. You can check solenoids/valves with a 9 volt battery on the coil tabs. If you unhook power to motor you can activate solenoids with someone using controller.