1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

XLS problem, NEED HELP. Power light on, plow won't move

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by snow game, Oct 30, 2011.

1. snow game

snow game Senior Member
    from RI

Problems with my xls. First storm here, we hooked it up and tested on Friday all was good. Went to plow last night and plow wouldn't work at all.
    The power light to the remote is on.
    When you hold the down button the float light will come on.
    Not moving or making any noises.
    We checked ground, replaced selenoid, un-plugged modules and re-hooked them, checked all connections.

2. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

If you replaced the solenoid it sounds like the motor may be froze. You can try taping on it lightly with a hammer. To make sure it is not the solenoid jump the terminals with a screwdriver. Just to be sure.

3. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

Did u ck all the fuses under the covers of the plow?

4. snow game

snow game Senior Member
    from RI

I did try tapping the motor and checked all the fuses. i had an extra solenoid, switched them out and still no luck!

5. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

I would still try jumping the solenoid. Even if it clicks there may be a bad connection inside.

6. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

Test for power at all the coils and the relay itself.

7. snow game

snow game Senior Member
    from RI

Ryan, what should I be looking for on the coils and relays with the test light ?
    Should there always be one live wire on each with the remote on?

8. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

There should be juice to one wire on each coil, and obviously the primary wire on the relay. Truck on, plow plugged in, and control on...obviously. Double check your plow's module, to make sure it's fully connected before you begin.

How new is this plow? Does it have the security lock on it, and have you attempted to mess with it at all? I think it's all modules -3 and newer that have them. Check the sticker on yours.