1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

XLS Plows

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by NFDDJS, Jan 21, 2013.

NFDDJS Member
    from USA, NH

I have been running Fisher V-Plow for years and I am looking at getting another truck and I have been told the XLS is going to work better for clearing the large lots we plow... Who is running these? You like them? I can just see those wings being a problem breaking... Just look like trouble...
  2. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

The XLS is a phenomenal plow. I can't say enough good things about it. I've bought 4 now, and I wouldn't go to another plow if you paid me. Never once had an issue with a wing breaking...not even close. I've had my fair share of rubs, slams, strikes, and other stuff with them, and I've never had an issue.
  3. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Owner added one to the fleet this year. Seems to like it so far. Everyone I have talked to loves them. The wings are protected by same check valves that protect your XV wings.

4. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

I have an xls and an extreme v and the xls is perfect for large lots but is great because you can still service small drives, get through bank drive throughs and fit in between parked cars. Both are great plows and I will keep purchasing xls to add to new trucks in the future. Hoping they come out with 8611 xls in the near future.