1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Xls or blizzard pp

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by PUMA, Dec 22, 2011.

1. PUMA

PUMA Junior Member
    from NJ

WHICH plow to buy and why?

2. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

I don't know enough about the Blizzards. If you have specific questions in regards to the XLS; there are quite a few of us that have them.

3. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

hmmm, i wonder what i would pick?

4. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

Ain't no mystery there brother!

5. mpgall26

mpgall26 Senior Member

Burkhart, how does the XLS do on the 2500. I have a 07 with just timbrens in the front and wanted one for this truck for this year and decided it may be to much plow for the truck. That extra 300# worried me a bit.

6. maelawncare

maelawncare Senior Member

You posted this question in the fisher forum. So most people here will say fisher. Post in blizzard and most will say blizzard.

Better to post in the main forum for less biased answers.

Without looking hard at a fisher all i know off hand the differences is that the fisher only has poly edges while blizzard has steel.

7. Big Dog D

Big Dog D PlowSite.com Addict

Fisher is also a trip edge design rather than the full trip design of the Blizzard.

Fisher is a lift chain design versus the hydraulic lift design the Blizzard uses.

8. Matson Snow

Matson Snow PlowSite.com Addict

Hows the Dealer support for each plow in your area????....

Do you Like Chain lift verses Direct Lift????

I have Owned and Operated Both Plows....Both plows are Very Productive and once you use a Power type plow you will never want to go back.....Thumbs Up

You will not go wrong with eather Plow.....:salute:

9. Matson Snow

Matson Snow PlowSite.com Addict

:laughing::laughing:....Thats Funny....You post there...The Boss guys will be all over it saying Boss is The Best Plow Ever Made and their "V" will out perform any Power Plow

10. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

The truck handles it fine. I have a few cranks of the tbars and the salter in the back. Truck drops half an inch when it goes up and I have the cutting edge on and the snow deflector. Pushing 1050lbs just for the weight of the plow. I would not run anything else on the front of my truck. The v plow is great also and also heavy. You will be so happy once you use it and see how much time you save.

11. DIRISHMAN

DIRISHMAN PlowSite Veteran

Just MY 2 Cents
    First and formost I 100% agree with Matson Dealer support is most deffinate and how close thet are.to where you live
    They are both EXCELLENT plows but just my idea is that havin to replace the blades edges on the wings with either steel or poly would think in the long run poly will be less exspencive but that the steel will last a bit longer.

Also would think thepoly would be more forgiving when hit verses a steel edge JMO

Good LuckThumbs Up