1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

xls on chevy 2500?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by gmc2500, Nov 16, 2011.

1. gmc2500

gmc2500 Junior Member
    from ct

looking to upgrade my 8 ft hd to either a v or the xls. We do alot of commercial snow removal so the xls could really help, just worried about the weight. Itll be going on an 07 chevy 2500, already has timbrens. I believe the weight difference from a 9'6'' v and the xls is only about a hundred and something pounds. Anyone have experience with this plow? thanks

2. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

There is a big weight difference between the 8'6" and 9'6" plows. The 9'6" actually weighs more then an XLS.

Check their website.

3. gmc2500

gmc2500 Junior Member
    from ct

xls 985 pounds
    9'6 v 1013 pounds
    so weight difference isnt that much. Question is what would be more efficient.

4. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

I have the xls on my 04 chevy 2500 and it handles it fine. Timbrens, a few cranks of tbars and ballast in the back and u are ready to go. If u r doing open lots then the xls wll out perform the v plow. I have one of those also and it saves time but not as much as the xls. Hope this helps and have a good season.
    Aaron

5. BOSSMAN21

BOSSMAN21 Senior Member

I wouldnt buy an XLS for that truck, I would however invest in a Xtreme V for that truck. It would be a great match, although, I would go with the 8.6 not the 9.6. Lighter, and just as efficient as the 9.6 if you know how to use it.

6. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

Ive got 2 xv one 8.5 and the other 9.5... on wide open lots there is a big difference between the productivity of them... now that said I just bought my 3rd truck and decided to put on a xls. per fishers website the xls is 12% more efficienct then a 9.5... no personally experience yet with them but I'm going with the xls

7. Matson Snow

Matson Snow PlowSite.com Addict

Its Actually its 13.5% more Productive.....:laughing:...I think you will Really Like the XLS...payup