1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

XLS.. Is this normal? please check and let me know...

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by orenlasko, Feb 11, 2011.

1. orenlasko

orenlasko Senior Member

Ladies and Gentlemen, by now you are aware of the issues i have had from previous posts. Fisher has stepped up and so has my dealer. Everything is great. An associate of mine who has had an XLS for 3 years noticed this the other day and I thought nothing of it until i looked closer and noticed a missing plate. See the enclosed pictures. The drivers side is the top pic, the passenger side the bottom. sorry they are sideways...

photo 1-1.JPG

photo 2-1.JPG

Last edited: Feb 11, 2011
  2. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

Its Cracked. Isnt that the same side you have the bent pin on also? What are they doing to remedy the problem?

3. orenlasko

orenlasko Senior Member

All was repaired

The bent pin was fixed and all new cutting edges including the centre were installed. I hope they replace the wing... I have to wait and see... and that side is the opposite of the bent pin.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2011
  4. Burkartsplow

Well that is good they fixed that. I am going to take a look at mine also and see if there is anything wrong with the wings. I think the only thing they can do is replace the wing. Keep us updated.

5. orenlasko

orenlasko Senior Member

Update: A new wing is being sent out. It should be here by the end of the week.

6. Burkartsplow

That is good to hear. I was at my shop today and looked at my plow and it had all of its plates of steel in that section. That is weird that someone or some machine missed that piece.

7. orenlasko

orenlasko Senior Member

I'm not surprised. I've had a ton of issues with thisnthing since I had it. It was kinda similar 4 years ago when I got m MVP plus. They ironed everything out within a few weeks and I had 4 trouble free years. I'm lucky the weather is cooperating... I cannot complain. Fisher and my dealer have stepped up to the plate. Kudos to Hitch City Mississauga. Big thanks to Peter, Nick, and Doug and the mechanics there.

8. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

That's awesome that your being treated right. Very odd on the plate.....keep us posted.

9. orenlasko

orenlasko Senior Member

Yup. I had to push a bit. Just a little. But no complaints.