1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

xls feed back

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by toyman, Jan 10, 2009.

1. toyman

toyman Senior Member

Looking at the XLS and was wondering what the feed back is for those that have them. I am seriously considering one of these for next year, just wondering how it is working for you.

Real world feedback is the best there is.

So chime in and let us all know what you think of this plow.

Thanks Toyman
  2. toyman

toyman Senior Member

Nobody has an XLS yet?
  3. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

were all poor
  4. salopez

salopez Senior Member

try the search function...they are allot of people that are happy with them.
  5. Redsilv03

Redsilv03 Junior Member

In our company we bought 4 of them in summer of 2008 on the fleet of our 11 trucks and 7 bob cats, the rest have blizzard power plows. They are very strong, wings and movements are kind of slow. Spendy yes but once you plow with wings you will never go back, and sorry guys red bull wont help you if you dont... I like them they seem strong than the blizzards. Only thing i hate about them so far when ordered we got them excitment and all the wings came with cutting edged but the normal blade did not so you have to go out and buy another cutting edge after they came becuase you fount out they did not come with it. I like it, movement could be faster. oh almost forget under stock adjustment it blade drops so fast you feel the ground shake if within 20 feet from it, could easily cut foot off clean!!!
  6. Big Dog D

Big Dog D PlowSite.com Addict

I have had one for a year now and will never be without one again. My only request now is that they consider building and producing a larger/heavier version to use on my F-550's, kinda the Fisher version of the Blizzard 8611.
  7. lieutlamson

lieutlamson Member

I was wondering how the paint held up on the xls? I was thinking the sand/salt would get between the wing and the plow and scratch it all up?
  8. Big Dog D

Big Dog D PlowSite.com Addict

The plows and virtually all parts of it are all powder coated so they wear like iron. The plow is in really good shape after more than a year in commercial service. The only thing that wore off almost instantly was the Fisher Splatter which is actually a sticker.