1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

XLS dealer suggestions?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by leigh, Mar 19, 2013.

1. leigh

leigh PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

Thinking about picking up 2 or maybe 3 xls this off season.Any suggestions for a source of the best pricing in New England area? cash deal ,no install.Thanks

2. mrv8outboard

mrv8outboard Senior Member

I can ask the dealer I deal with. What do you need? Off truck only? Complete? Or somewhere in between?

3. leigh

from CT

It will be complete.My brother in law sold his f350 to our nephew and bought a new chevy 3500.My nephew has been plowing in my chevy with a blizzard 810.The f350 has a boss v on it and he said he'd never run a none expandable plow again! So the plan is to sell the boss and blizzard and put xls's on all 3.If fisher offered a 8611 I would also replace my 10' mc on my gmc4500. It all comes down to $$ .After running all types it's obvious that for my type of accounts that the xls/blizzard 810 type plows are a huge advantage.That would leave us with 1 boss v, 3 xls, 1 10' straight, 1 7.5 straight,and a skidsteer.Nice mix for all situations,lot sizes.

4. unhcp

unhcp PlowSite.com Addict

LANGS corner garage, ask repoman for more details

5. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

Qte. As long as you are mechanically inclined and can assemble it yourself they're pretty reasonable even with the shipping. We've ordered a couple of plows from them and they've beat our dealer by a good amount.

6. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

I use qte also and now the new ones come almost completely together. Easy to assembly and a good price.

7. leigh

from CT

Thanks guys,appreciate it!

8. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

That's cool. We got an extremely vee 2-3 years ago and had to put the whole thing together. Nothing a couple guys and a case of beer couldn't handle though!

9. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

Go 4qte.com. I believe an XLS from them is $4800 shipped, plow side only.

10. unhcp

unhcp PlowSite.com Addict

Not bad, langs was 4600 last time I checked