1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

XLS acting up

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by snow game, Mar 5, 2009.

1. snow game

snow game Senior Member
    from RI

I have a new XLS (2 months old) usually with the wings retracted all the way if I press the scoop button, both wings would extend at the same time into the soop position. Half way through this last storm, I noticed the pass. side scoop didn't come out. I hit the right button a couple of time and it did come out on its own. I have a friend who has a Blizzard and he said that some times the scoops will get frozen in place with ice, so I didn't think much of it when this happened. Then I noticed when I was hitting the scoop button the left wing would come out fully before then the right wing would, taking more time than before to go from retracted to full scoop. I didn't hit anything and there is no physical damge to the plow.
    Any Ideas on what would cause this or how to fix it?

2. Bruce'sEx

Bruce'sEx Senior Member

low fluid? sounds like fluid or a valve, is there any tension adjustment on the wings return springs? I assume they use return springs never look at the builds yet.