1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Xblades

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by 3500DIESEL, Feb 9, 2009.

1. 3500DIESEL

3500DIESEL Member
    from PA

just picked up a Black 2004 GMC 2500HD ext long bed and it came with a fisher HD 7ft 6in plow and thinking of trading it for a x blade does anyone happen to have some pics of black trucks with the X blade?? really would like to see a GMC or chevy with one.

Thanks.

2. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

Might want to ask question on build up your front end. The Xblade will be very heavy for your truck. Your truck has a 630# plow on it now. The 8ft XBlade is 790# and will be way to heavy for front end of a chevy. A yellow 9ft only weighs 745#.

3. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

Look for plowsite member YAZ 's truck...he has an 05 2500HD ECSB D/A w/ an 8ft X-blade....truck handles the plow like its not even there

4. BigDave12768

if you got the Duramax in it. Which i think you do since it has 7.6 on it. Which is heaviest that Fisher allows.

5. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

That's just what their dealers will actually install and what fisher recommends for legal weight reasons....you can easily run an 8ft X-blade on that truck....gas or diesel

6. mc1

mc1 Senior Member

my 08 550 sorry pics are far away x blade kicks ass i swear it backdrags cleaner than pushing snow forwards

DSC03033.jpg

DSC03032.jpg

7. D DeSantis

D DeSantis Member

8. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

dream truck

I would love to have that exact same setup one day except having a 9.5 ss v blade on the front. that truck is so versatile.awesome

9. BigDave12768

How about some updated pics on that Back drag edge. I personally see no use for one with my Xblade

10. 3500DIESEL

3500DIESEL Member
    from PA

well the truck has a level kit and some heavy duty rancho shocks up front and i was thinking of going 8ft 6in on the blade I have no worries about the truck not handling it becuase dad has the same truck but 08 and run a V plow so. And dam thanks for all the reponses I love this site.

11. D DeSantis

D DeSantis Member

I'll try and get some soon, as for the backdrag blade I do only driveways so most of my work is done in reverse, it also has a teflon edge to protect uni stone. You don't see too many trucks around here without them.

12. 3500DIESEL

3500DIESEL Member
    from PA

I sent YAZ and message for pics of his truck!

13. crossboneracing

crossboneracing Senior Member

Anyone have a chevy or gmc with a 350 gas and xblade? Just want to know how they fair with overheating or not. Thanks!!

14. merrimacmill

merrimacmill PlowSite.com Addict
    from MA

That truck will handle that fine. Everyone always acts like chevys are made of glass or something. Everyone who doesn't plow with one that is.

15. crossboneracing

crossboneracing Senior Member

lol i have 2 of them and have had many more, its just been a while since i had a 350, the xblades werent around back then i hear ya merrimacmill everyone needs to understand they are just as capable as anything on the market if not more. Nice looking truck btw in your avatar

16. 3500DIESEL

3500DIESEL Member
    from PA

DeSantis do you have anymore pics of your 3500 thats a nice truck.

17. 2500hdFisher

2500hdFisher Member

YAZ search for him his trucks nice and its a nice black gmc

18. merrimacmill

merrimacmill PlowSite.com Addict
    from MA

Ya, that is a nice 08 black gmc.

19. D DeSantis

D DeSantis Member

Its so dirty now, I'll try and get some pics when its cleaned up!

20. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX PlowSite.com Addict

:dizzy::dizzy::gunsfiring: