1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

XBlade

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Steeley, Oct 20, 2003.

1. Steeley

Steeley Junior Member
    from Maine

I just got a 8ft Fisher XBlade and was wondering if any one has any input on how they hold up or any thing to watch for, for maintence concerns.

2. Mike 97 SS

Mike 97 SS Banned
    from U.S.A.

There is a couple guys on here that have them. I think MYO has one and JCURTIS has one also. I dont think the X blade has been out long enough yet to have a track record. It seems people on this site bought them recently and didnt use them yet, this season will be the first time they are being used. Im sure the X blade guys will be along shortly. Welcome to PlowSite! Mike :waving:

3. JCurtis

JCurtis Banned

Steeley,

I just had my SS XBLADE installed a couple of weeks ago. I have posted pics of my truck with it installed, so feel free to take a look.

Obviously, I haven't had a chance to use it YET, but with the crazy weather who knows, it may be sooner rather than later before I get a chance to drop the blade and push some white stuff.

if you believe the manufacture spiel, it will scrape and back drag better than the old syle Fisher. I sure hope so, but I was happy with my old style Fisher plow.

I bought mine for a couple of reasons.

1. It won't Rust, literally maintenance free.

2. I hate painting plows.

3. I like the way it looks on a black truck, and so far I haven't seen another one in my city / area of operation so its easy to spot.

4. Its a conversation piece, people see it and come up and ask why I don't have a painted plow... This gives me a chance to explain the cutting edge of snow removal technology, and it gives me an edge on my competitors.

I will post my feelings and pics on its operational characteristic after the first plowable storm.

4. myo

myo Senior Member

I too have not had a chance to use the x blade, I bought my truck in March with the xblade on it. So I don't have any input on how they work. I'm sure they will be another quality peice of equipment from fisher.

Welcome to Plowsite!!!:waving:

5. Steeley

Steeley Junior Member
    from Maine

thanks for the replys, great site

6. rob1325

rob1325 Senior Member

I currently own two of them and also haven't used them (new trucks). They do look good & promising. I was either gonna get the X-Blade or the regular blade. I did notice the Fisher plows are set up different than my older Fishers. They know have the A-frame similar to the diamond plow, where as my older Fishers have the piece that goes under the A-frame. Is this new way better? I'm asking because in the past I did own a diamond plow and that area of the plow always broke and thats why I never owned one again. I always had good luck with the Fishers and love them.

Thanks,
    Rob

7. BWhite

BWhite Senior Member

A Frame

I question Fishers logic when they got rid of the A frame .

8. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

The X blades ARE going to scrape very aggressivly,this is good and bad,good if your on blacktop but they have a tendency to begin to "hop" violently on gravel sometimes due to the extreme attack angle digging.The optional curb shoes do nothing to lift the blade,they only protect the sides of the moldboard.We have been making brackets to use the standard plow shoes for the gravel users up here.

9. Mike 97 SS

Mike 97 SS Banned
    from U.S.A.

Arc Burn, welcome back!!! Where the heck have you been? Nice to see you back and posting again! I hope you are the still the comedian I remember you being! :D Mike :waving: