1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Xblade rusting

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by BigDave12768, Feb 26, 2009.

1. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

I put my plow on today to move to my house. Hoping we will get snow on Sunday. I noticed some rust on edge. Anyone else got rest on moleboard part?

Last edited: Feb 26, 2009
  2. stillen

stillen Senior Member

hmm, i'd be wondering why there is rust on a stainless product? it looks like the rust from the steel ribs has rubbed off onto your moldboard.... then second, why is your moldboard aay from your ribs...??? I'd call Fisher, maybe a warranty item?
  3. BigDave12768

Xblade Moleboards dont touch the xbraces. they are not connected to any of the ribs Its connected at the top with bolts and just sits in groove. I am just going to clean it off some Super fine steel wool see if that works.as for it being away I can probably just drop the blade a couple times and it will adjust.
  4. BigDave12768

You were right it was just rust from moloeboard. It came off real fast with some super fine Steel wool the 00000 grade stuff. i didnt even have to put an effort into it. And the Brace is rusting behind it
  5. kj330

kj330 Member

The brrace is going to rust just like any other plow, I think they will rust more because it is harder to clean of sand and salt in those little gaps.
  6. Ditchdiggin

Ditchdiggin Member

Don't use steel wool on stainless. You just impregnated carbon steel into your stainless and it will "bleed" some rust. Use a scotchbrite pad if your going to do something like that. A little FYI... 400 series stainless will get a little rust showing sometimes and it is normal.
  7. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

A little more FYI, Looks like someone's been rubbing some guard rails. Like the colored paint scratches you can tell if it's a BFI dumpster or a semi push beam, shopping cart, car, curb, light pole etc just by looking a little deeper.

8. Dano50

Dano50 PlowSite.com Addict
    from CA

Just don't forget your Fluid Film. [​IMG]