1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

xblade homemade snow foils

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by CAT420, Jan 20, 2010.

1. CAT420

CAT420 Senior Member

Posting this for Camaro77. Custom built stainless steel snowfoil for 8' xblades. He has two more that were spoken for so he purchased the material and made them but they are now unspoken for and he is sitting on them. They are for sale. check it out.

2. CAT420

CAT420 Senior Member

also the plow markers are now put on the end of the foil like the standard fisher ones.

That looks sweet!
  4. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

pretty cool

THE-BOSS-PLOWS Senior Member

Nice Job. Always liked stainless.
  6. camaro 77

camaro 77 Senior Member
    from ma

I have 2 left that I would like to sell 300.00 for an 8 footer I am located in Bellingham the pics were hosted by a friend thanks Nick
  7. carlriv2

carlriv2 Senior Member
    from Mass

Need 9'....
  8. ColumbiaLand

ColumbiaLand Senior Member

Nice idea. market them.
  9. mike psd

mike psd PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

nice job . have you tested it yet ?
  10. camaro 77

camaro 77 Senior Member
    from ma

yes with my rubber flap I got blow over at 18 MPH and I have a road on my route that is smooth and I got up to about 34 with a small amount of blow over
  11. camaro 77

camaro 77 Senior Member
    from ma

calvin I will build them if you buy them everybody said they wanted these that I built and know I am stuck with them Get me a piece of stainless for one and I will fab it for you
  12. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

I'm not knocking your work because they look slick, but when they get bent it will look crappy. They look like they will bend up if you hit a pile and the snow is heavy.
  13. camaro 77

camaro 77 Senior Member
    from ma

they are 1/8 in think and that was the first one the others have a 5 inch long gusset and they are plenty stiff unless you hit something other that snow or ice
  14. randym99

randym99 Senior Member

Nice work.I also like the stainless.When you had time I would love to see them in action(a short vid)??Thanks
  15. robjets

robjets Member

Looks nice but kind of sticks out a little far. Gonna be tough if you need to get close to garage doors
  16. SnowMatt13

SnowMatt13 PlowSite.com Addict

No different than a fisher snow foil.......:rolleyes:
  17. mossman381

mossman381 2000 Club Member

That is some really good fab work.
  18. camaro 77

camaro 77 Senior Member
    from ma

it sticks out 9 3/4 inches same as the yellow one
  19. camaro 77

camaro 77 Senior Member
    from ma

on the same idea but fisher does not make one for the X BLADE just the rubber flap and it does not work well plowing town roads
  20. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX PlowSite.com Addict

Its only Stainless.......:dizzy: