1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

xblade for my silverado ??

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by bru z71, May 10, 2009.

1. bru z71

bru z71 Senior Member

i got a 1500 1500 v8 5.3 extened cab i put a leveling kit in and timbers and also aftermarket monroe shocks i want to put a 7.6 fisher xblade on her do any of you guys think thats to much weight up front for my truck ?? bc this is my fisher plow

2. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

You'll probably be OK. I don't know if there's a huge difference in weight between the X and a yellow plow. If there is, go with the lighter one. I presume you are just doing a few driveways close to home? Traveling slowly with the blade on will help too. And don't lug five 250 pound guys around with you when plowing.....

3. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

They are quite a bit heavier. 7.6 Xblade Weighs 742# a 7.6 HD yellow weighs 630# and a 8 ft HD yellow weighs 730#. What do you plan on plowing? That new HT plow has same aggressive cut angle as the Xblade and only weighs 414#. So it depends what you want the plow for. And what year truck?

4. bru z71

bru z71 Senior Member

And don't lug five 250 pound guys around with you when plowing hahah But ya i will be plowing like 7 driveways in my town and i am gunna try and work from one of my friends father who owns his own landscaping company so i will be busy with it how much of a weight differents are we talking like 100 pounds ? my trucks a 2005

5. bru z71

bru z71 Senior Member

i think i am going to go with a HD mm2

6. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

If you will be plowing a lot of hot top, reconsider the HT. The steeper angle makes a huge difference. Of course, the HD is well proven.

7. Stik208

Stik208 PlowSite.com Addict

Sir,
    It is hot top in the truck and black top on the street.