1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Xblade cutting edge

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by BigDave12768, Jan 11, 2009.

1. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

I just got this a month ago and it kinda needed an edge when I bought it. So after 50 hours of plowing now it needs one. Its already been flipped. I have seen trucks with a regular one on it. Whats the better route to go. The one I can flip or the regular one. I plan on getting a 8x8x5/8. one other thing. I live in Weymouth and Atlantic Broom moved to Taunton. ANy other places sell them around here
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2009
  2. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

Napa, any Fisher dealer, Most truck outfitters....The last edge I bought from Atlantic Broom was not really much cheaper than Fisher's.
    which route, imho, is your choice- personally I don;t like the flip idea- I'd rather have more usable steel on the one side.
  3. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

Fisher Dealers only seem to carry the 6inch one. I dont think I have a Napa around here.
  4. snow7899

snow7899 Senior Member

I used a 6"x8'x5/8" edge and installed the curb shoes to keep the edges from wearing down.