1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

xblade cutting edge

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Calamari, Nov 8, 2005.

1. Calamari

Calamari Member

I've just been told by my Fisher dealer that the xblade should have it's cutting blade (edge) installed from day one on a new plow ($200). Most of the comments I've read on this site state that the cutting edge should be worn in/broken in on all plows before adding a new cutting edge. Why is the xblade different?

Please explain why this "wear-in" period is needed on typical plows in general.

Also would like to hear from xblade owners regarding this cutting blade installation on new plows. Is it necessary? Thanks.
  2. jglandscaping

jglandscaping Senior Member

You only get so many running hours on the tripedge itself before you need to replace it, the wear bar slows down this process, preventing it from wearing to fast. I installed mine from day one and have yet to push snow, hopefully it'll make a difference.