1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

xblade cutting edge hardware????!!!!

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by mass1589, Jan 31, 2013.

1. mass1589

mass1589 Senior Member
    from mass

i bought a brand new condition "2nd owner" xblade cutting edge from a local guy. he had no hardware. i went to lowes and found only 1/2" carriage bolts. but the square stampings on the cutting edge are 3/4"....

where can i get these sized bolts??? and does anyone know the factory length?? im guessing 2"

thanks for the help

2. gtmustang00

gtmustang00 Senior Member
    from Berlin

Any dealer that sells cutting edges would have them. I bought a bag of hardware with my cutting edge.

3. mass1589

mass1589 Senior Member
    from mass

yea i was hoping to go somewhere tonight! i could go to salem brake and clutch but they are closed saturdays....we are scheduled for snow sunday night soooo i was hoping to get something before then

4. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

What size blade?

5. mass1589

mass1589 Senior Member
    from mass

8' xblade.....

6. RepoMan207

from Maine

Bolt bag part number- 20763

Bolt size - 5/8-11 x 2 (qty 10)

Try Napa, Grainger, Home Depot or Lowes...I got all my plow rehab fasteners through KL Jack, but I think the closest one to MA is Manchester, NH. I'm sure you have a hardware / fastener place around you.

7. mass1589

mass1589 Senior Member
    from mass

thanks!! I'm gonna try home depot tomro or maybe go to salem brake and clutch. with that part number

8. RepoMan207

from Maine

Thumbs Up If you get hard up for it, Lang's in Rye, NH will have it, an hour away though.

9. mass1589

mass1589 Senior Member
    from mass

well update for future reference:

i went by my local fastenal store and they actually had plow blade cutting edge bolt kits! they have black hardware so it will blend in better and coated or used a special material becuase he claims the carriage bolt heads dont rust! 10 bolts and 10 locking nuts came to 21 bucks. local fisher dealer quoted me at 45 dollars! hahaha

the smaller 1/2 carriage bolts were around 14-15 bucks....i bought the 5/8x 11 x 2".

repo man thanks alot for the help!!

10. RepoMan207

from Maine

No sweet man, glad I could help. That's crazy money for a bolt bag...that's a huge portion of the cutting edge cost itself, and that comes with the hardware. That's just nuts...no pun intended.

Future Reference