1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

X-treme V wing Question

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by weeman97, Feb 4, 2012.

1. weeman97

weeman97 Senior Member

when i have my X-treme V sitting on its cart in STRAIGHT position. if i grab the Drivers side wing. i can wiggle it with very very very minimal effort. and it wiggles form the lower part of where it meets the center pin. Is my center pin bad? or is this normal?

2. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

It's a combination of center pin being worn and/or bent, along with wear on the wing and T-frame.

Yes, it's normal....

3. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Normal for an Xtreme. But not "normal"

4. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

How old is the plow? Our 06 moves a bit more than the new one does. Like other's said worn or bent center pin combined with the pins at the lower unit being worn you will get a good amount of play. There will always be some play or else you'd probably snap something. If it's real bad pop a new center pin in, they're pretty easy to install.