1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

X-treme V info.

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by jlb2500hd, Dec 2, 2006.

1. jlb2500hd

jlb2500hd Member
    from N.Y

Looking at replacing my straight blade plow with a V, I'm not sure whether to go with the 8'6" X-treme V or the Meyer Super V, both plows look like great V's, it will probably come down to price, anyone have the 8'6" X-treme, about how much does it cost? and how does it perform, I wiill be installing it on a '04 2500hd, thanks for any info you can provide.

2. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping Senior Member
    from Maine

I have the 9.5 SS Extreme V on my F 350 dump. I have also have the MM2 version of the V on one of two of my other trucks. I love the new Extreme, (haven't used it yet though) but the hydrolics are very fast and the new lights are nice and bright. The attack angle is like the X-Blade so I am hoping it will scrape better than the other V's I have. I paid $4850 installed.

3. jlb2500hd

jlb2500hd Member
    from N.Y

$4850 sounds pretty good, I have a Boss dealer out here that wants $5200 for a 8'2" V, and I think the X-treme is a better built plow than the boss.

4. LB Landscaping

from Maine

I looked at Boss too, alot more pricey around here. I have always gad good luck with my Fishers and the upgrades on the new X-V are great.

5. All In One Spec

All In One Spec Junior Member

Fisher V's Rule

I just purchased three Fisher X V's on our fleet trucks at work. You won't be disappointed. Although we haven't used them yet, the other 4 trucks with the EZ v's from last year work awesome. I've had an EZ v for 4 years and love it.

6. DRM

DRM Junior Member
    from Ontario

We just purchased a 9 1/2 Fisher xtremeV for our F550. I think is the best plow for size and weight. We've had fisher products since the 80's- never had issues just the regular wear and tear. Go for the xtreme V, you won't be disappointed.

7. Big Dog D

Big Dog D PlowSite.com Addict

I have 1 F-350 with a regular X and 4 F-550's and I wouldn't put either one of the X or Extreme V's on either one. I think they are great plows but I have serious reservations as to how they would hold up to the abuse that a 550 with a sander or ballast will shell out. I am sticking with the M/C series on the 550's. We used to run the HD 9's on F-350's all of the time and we used to twist up the Aframes and stuff something fierce and I don't think the Extreme V's are much heavier than those.

8. LB Landscaping

from Maine

Got to use my 9.5 today for the first storm of the winter. Only 3.5 inches (maybe) but got the overall feel for it. I really noticed the speed of the hydralics, Fisher really speeded this thing up. The wings are very quick. It also scraps alot better than my MM2 EZV. The attack angle makes a huge difference even when back draging. Didn't leave any "trails" in the middle of the plow like other V's, clean-ed real nice. Over all I was impressed, we'll see what the season brings/

9. Bruce'sEx

Bruce'sEx Senior Member

So tell us, to compare on that other thread, how much has the cutting edge weared down?

10. LB Landscaping

from Maine

Doesn't appear to have worn much at all (if any). I will keep an eye on it and post as the season continues.

11. Vinnie

Vinnie Senior Member

I just purchased a new Xtreme V from http://www.snowplowsupply.com (Tim Wallace) for $4185.00 uninstalled. I got a chance to try it out last week :D .

100_0761.jpg