1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

X-Treme V Hydraulics

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by D&JsLawn, Jan 14, 2012.

1. D&JsLawn

D&JsLawn Member

Is there a way to "turn up" the hydraulics on an X-Treme V? The plow lifts up like it should as long as no snow stuck to it. When snow is stuck to it it lifts extremely slow.

2. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Pump relief is below test port. But would recommend a fluid flush and filter change before just cranking the pressure up.

3. D&JsLawn

D&JsLawn Member

Thanks a lot buddy Thumbs Up I'll try that tommorrow. Which way do you turn the screw to increase pressure?

4. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

I agree, maintain it first. I would go one step further, and pressure test it if no favorable results, then increase from there. Keep in mind, this also could be due to a faulty S2 valve (located on the backside of the power unit near the Quill). I had a similar issue with my previous XLS that went on and on until they ended up replacing the power unit. Here is the Manual to go off from. if it's less then 2 years old, I would highly recommend bringing it to your dealer for resolution.

5. D&JsLawn

D&JsLawn Member

The dealer I bought the plow from (4 years ago) said there is no way to adjust the pressure, but the Western dealer that I get parts from said you can so I'll probly have him adjust it. Thanks guys

6. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Yes you can adjust the pressure, it is actually very easy to do, but could cause more damage if you turn it up to far. Like Repo said you want to make sure there is no underlying problem before putting even more pressure to a part that could be failing.

7. D&JsLawn

D&JsLawn Member

Thats why I'm going to take it to him, so he can check everything over

8. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

Sorry for the hi jack. Is there a way to turn down the speed of the wings when angling. Man, they really slam around. Hate it.

9. D&JsLawn

D&JsLawn Member

I just noticed that the seal is leaking maybe that is part of the problem? Where can I get a seal kit? Hijack away oldmankent.