1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

X springs

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by butler L&S, Nov 18, 2002.

1. butler L&S

butler L&S Member

What are X springs? I just bought a 2002 F350 regular cab with the diesel. It has a plow prep package. Do I have X springs? What exactly does the plow prep package entail?

2. Mike 97 SS

Mike 97 SS Banned
    from U.S.A.

Open your driverside door and look at the doorjam sticker. Find on there where it talks about springs. There will be 2 letters under where it says springs. First letter is front spring code, 2nd letter is rear spring code. If first letter is "X", there you go. X springs i believe are rated at 5200lbs. Mike

By the way, congrats on the new truck. Does it have a plow already, or are you getting one? If so what kind?

Last edited: Nov 18, 2002
  3. Dockboy

Dockboy Guest

Ditto what Mike said:D

If it came with the Plow Prep Pkg., then you have X's.

The X springs are actually rated at 6000 lbs but your listed front GAWR will be 5200 lbs.

Congrats on the truck:drinkup:

Greg

4. butler L&S

butler L&S Member

I just put a Boss 8'2" V plow on it a couple of days ago. With the plow on the truck the lowest part of the plow frame sits 9" off the ground. When the plow is raised it sits 8 3/4" off the ground. Is this normal? Should it drop that much when the plow is raised or do I need to look into air shocks or even another leaf?

Butler

5. Mike 97 SS

Mike 97 SS Banned
    from U.S.A.

Its only dropping 1/4"? Thats nothing. You gotta expect some sort of drop when the plow is raised. Im not sure what that particular plow weighs, but im sure its quite heavy. Mike

6. butler L&S

butler L&S Member

I'm sorry, the plow went from 9" to 7 3/4" not 8 3/4"

7. John DiMartino

John DiMartino PlowSite.com Veteran

Butler id say thats normal.The boss V is no light weight.I have the Boss 9'2"V on my Ram 2500,and it drops about the same as yours,so i wouldnt worry about it.

8. Mike 97 SS

Mike 97 SS Banned
    from U.S.A.

Yup, i agree with John. I think its completely normal to drop a little over an inch. Every truck drops down somewhat when the plow is raised, some more than others. Mike