1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

X springs

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by edshipp19, Oct 14, 2003.

1. edshipp19

edshipp19 Senior Member

Are the heavier X springs just for the newer style fords, or will they fit mine too, or do they make them for both. Mine is a 1997 f350
    Thanks in advance
    Brian

2. EIB

EIB Senior Member

I don't know if the X springs will fit your truck, but a call to your friendly Ford dealer would be able to tell you.

3. Manx

Manx Senior Member

The "x" is just Ford's code for a 6000 lbs spring for the SD

You could check the books and see if there's a 6000 LB spring
    your body style or go to a spring shop and have them add a leaf to your spring pack to make it a 6000 lb spring

4. wyldman

wyldman Member

The newer SD springs are different,and won't fit the 97 down trucks.Not sure why,but they are listed as different.

Ford didn't offer a spring that heavy back then,but like mentioned above,a spring shop should be able to add a leaf to stiffen your spring pack up.

Consider adding a shackle reversal kit if you do,as it will improve the ride quality so the heavier springs will not seem as harsh.

5. edshipp19

edshipp19 Senior Member

Thanks for the help
    I will stop by our local spring shop today
    About what should it cost to have them add another spring
    Thanks