1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

X-springs for 94 F350

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by LocalTouch, Oct 31, 2003.

1. LocalTouch

LocalTouch Junior Member
    from Ohio

I know this subject has been discussed many times. I went to my local Ford dealer and asked for the X-springs for my 94 F350. Neither of the parts guys knew anything about them. Did not know load carrying capacity, or if they would fit my 94. I am asking you if they are a "universal fit" or if there are certain styles for different years, or models. Once I order them (not in stock) I own them, and I dont want to own them if they are incorrect! If anyone knows for sure, please let me know. I need some serious load capacity. I have a 8.5 meyer poly, and it drops the front of the truck down quite a bit now. Thanks!
  2. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

I would think your best bet would be to just go to a spring shop.That would be a good idea if you are ordering to make sure you get the X but a spring shop could fix you up better.
  3. EZSnow

EZSnow Senior Member

X springs are 6000# leaf springs from a F-450 or F-550. You may have to trick the parts guy by giving him the "intended" application. However, and the other guys will know better than me, I'm not sure if they fit the older body-style trucks.
  4. John DiMartino

John DiMartino PlowSite.com Veteran

I though x springs were for the 99-newer SD's only. Id just go to a spring shop.
  5. edshipp19

edshipp19 Senior Member

I tried to get them for my 1990 and 97 but they don't fit your best bet is a spring shop to add another leaf and or timbrens.
    I went for both and front doesn't sag a bit with an 8.5 fisher V
  6. rmartin

rmartin Member
    from mass

I just had a spring rebuilding shop add an extra leaf to my 02 f350. It was a quick cheap job. I can already tell a difference. A big difference and i havent even put the plow on.
  7. Snow Assassin

Snow Assassin Junior Member
    from Indiana

I had a spring shop set me up with a new spring pack for the front, and adding another spring as well. They said they could not imagine it ever sagging. I also have some Monroe Muscle's, like the Timbron's. Well, it sagged in less then six months, and is sitting on the monroe's without the plow. If I were to do it all again, I would go with airbags. You could pump them up when it was plow time, and let them out when not in plowing season. I would think this would allow for a more comfortable ride as well. Maybe the x springs are a fix, I have spent so much money on front end parts and upgrades that I just don't believe there is any cure for a Ford diesel frontend.

Good luck