1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

X-plow pricing.

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by George C, Aug 24, 2004.

1. George C

George C Senior Member

Hello. This is my first post.
    I just bought a new truck, and my dealer has a slightly used 8' X-blade that they took off of a trade. The plow is like new.
    He's asking $3,500 dollars for it.

Is this a good price, or not?
    Thanks in advance.

2. Bolts Indus.

Bolts Indus. PlowSite.com Addict

If you have a 3/4 ton, for a few dollars more you could get a Blizzard 810. Call Bison Turf in Buff. Say I sent ya.

3. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

While your not stealing the plow from him,it's still a fair deal.They run anywere from $3800-$4200 new depending on location.

4. PSDF350

PSDF350 Senior Member

i think its to much considering that a new one will only cost a few hundred more. used is used. just see how much he would give on a trade in. as soon as something leaves the lot it looses value. then you use it it loooses more. i would see if he'd take 3k if not i would buy a new one.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2004
  5. George C

George C Senior Member

I offered them $ 2,000 for it.
    I might go 2,500, but I'll buy new if they want more.

This is my first new plow in quite a few years, so I've been out of the loop.

I just bought this Chevy to plow with because my Ford is just too big, and I don't usually drive it in the snow anyway.
    If we can't come to an agreement, I might buy a Western.
    I do not plow commercially, and really don't need any extra weight. I know what a Ford can handle, but this IFS on the Chevy has to prove itself to me before I trust it to some serious weight.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2004
  6. PSDF350

PSDF350 Senior Member

thats the way to do it george. i would not pay allmost the same for used as new no way in he!!.

7. Snowplow newbie

Snowplow newbie Junior Member

I paid 3,600 for my X-Blade 8' installed with Fish-Stick. For the price that you are looking at I would go new. You are always able to haggle with a dealer too. My dealer wanted 3,900 for the plow plus install. I was able to get it down to the price that was where I wanted it. Check around for a new one or go lower on the used one.

8. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

i would go with a new 8ft fisher and a simple joystick i mean have read the post about the problems with the fishstick

9. ALEX516

ALEX516 Senior Member

plowman 45

Hey PLowman 45, can you maybe direct me to the post re: problems with the fish stick?

Thanks

10. sbrennan007

sbrennan007 Senior Member

Way too much. Go with a Western Poly Pro Plow. Out the door installed for $3200..

western plow.jpg

11. harley hauler

harley hauler Senior Member

Hey plowman I would also like to know about the problems with the fishstick I've had three of them and i've had no problems???

12. PLOWMAN45

type a in the search i heard the people dont like em and switch to the boss controler i like the joystick myself

13. capt caper

capt caper Senior Member

I've had the fishstick since 99 and love it. No problems. I did get an extenion cable so I have lots more freedom with the critter.

14. wfd44

wfd44 Senior Member
    from Maine

Most of the "problems" with the Fishstick were not quality/reliability but design and function and seem to have been limited to the Fishstick for the EZ-V plows. I have a Fishstick for my 7'6" straight blade and absolutely love it. Everyone else I know that has Fisher uses the Fishstick and I haven't heard a complaint yet (including 2 with V blades). Maybe if you have a lot of seat time with a different V-blade it is a bigger deal. To me the design for the straight blade fishstick is as straight forward as the joystick and mounting is much more flexibile.

15. George C

George C Senior Member

I ended up buying a brand new 04' Fisher X-Blade for $3,800.00 installed. :bluebounc
    There were a few minor improvements over the 03' that I wasn't aware of.
    The next question I have is if there is a rubber cutting edge available without me going through the horror of cutting a semi tire to make one.
    Thanks..

16. PLOWMAN45

why do you want a rubber cutting edge

17. George C

George C Senior Member

Because it takes out all of the hammering on the vehicle, and it doesn't tear up lawns or pile up gravel.

18. T-MAN

T-MAN PlowSite.com Addict

Hey George I think a poly edge might be what your looking for.
    T

19. George C

George C Senior Member

I just had the thing mounted this past week. Wow, this is one nice unit.

I think I'm going to see how it goes with the steel edge first. My buddy who installed it had a steel cutting edge from a customer who ordered it, but never showed up, so I bought it...
    I can tell right now that the first few time I plow will be rough on gravel, but hopefully it will smooth out after the frost gets into the ground solid.

20. lakeeffect

lakeeffect Senior Member

Shoes

Did you order the curb/wear shoes for it? I just bought a 8' XBlade and am waiting for Fisher to ship the new shoe kit, supposed to ship mid-October. Should help on the gravel issue from people I talked to.