1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

X-mas lights on the truck

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Bad Luck, Dec 6, 2004.

1. Bad Luck

Bad Luck Senior Member

I can't seem to locate the post on how to do this. If anyone knows where it is I'd appreciate a turn in the right direction.

I want to add lit wreath to the front of my truck.

Ho, ho, ho.... :p

2. Vaughn Schultz

Vaughn Schultz PlowSite.com Addict

a 12 volt or 110 volt? :waving:

3. Bad Luck

Bad Luck Senior Member

I would say the brighter the better...

If there is a 12v set up that would be cool, but I was thinking more along the lines of a house set cut down to 30 or 40 lights. Don't want to go battery operated and I would want them to go on when the truck is started

As Tim the Toolman would say..."more power"

4. Vaughn Schultz

You can buy a 12 volt DC to a 110 AC volt inverter. Then it would be like having an outlet in your truck.

Try to google it, something like "12 volts to 110 volt", or "12 volt power inverter"

You can buy one for around $30 or less. But you will see many for $100.00 but that is way more than you need for a wreath. unless you want to go the hole 9 yards a light up a christmas tree. :redbounce

Tell me what you find

5. Vaughn Schultz

* any auto store will have this, or you can go to radio shack, I have seen them there. Even wallmart has had them, just look around and tell me what you find. *

6. Mebes

Mebes Senior Member

I have a small 70 watt one that I use for a fluorescent trouble light that I keep in my truck for those middle of the night emergency's.
    Works good for charging my laptop and cell to.
    Vector VEC040 do a google search on it most of the local auto stores carry them.

30860558-2-120-0.gif

7. gpasgarage

gpasgarage Junior Member

I don't remember teh exact numbers, but the christmas light strands can be cut up to work on 12 volts, roughly 6 to 10 bulbs per length. wire them all together, and attach to a switched power source. thats how i did mine!
    Scott

8. Hubjeep

Hubjeep Senior Member

I got a 400 watt power inverter from BJ's Wholesale for $24, plenty of power to spare.
    [​IMG]

-John :coool: