1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

X Blade?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by mikelawtown, Nov 17, 2008.

1. mikelawtown

mikelawtown Senior Member
    from Mass

I have an 8 foot min mount 1 and ws looking into an X Blade...does the X blade have 3 plug?Is it superior to the yellow blade? and whats the weight diff?
  2. nickv13412

nickv13412 Senior Member

Yes, the Xblades are 3 plug. I heard they were better than the RD/HD series, and that why i traded up for one. Cant give you any personal opinions as i have yet to plow with it, but it looks like a pretty damn stout plow. The weights of the plows are listed on Fishers website, check it out. - Nick
  3. Bruce'sEx

Bruce'sEx Senior Member

Superior, I don't know. Can't say think it's suppose to be a stronger blade, better attack angle.

From Fisher Sight
    Weight :
    8 foot X blade = 790
    8' HS = 717
    Difference = 73 pounds

And Wiring, I believe X-blade was 3 plug, not sure if it still is.
  4. Brian Simmons

Brian Simmons PlowSite.com - Sponsor

The X-blade can be used with any HD setup whether it is 2 or 3 plug. You could have one on a conventional setup if you wanted. There are a few out there.
  5. snow7899

snow7899 Senior Member

I switched from a MM2 8'RD plow to a 8' X blade. Everything is better with the x-blade. It scrapes hard pack in parking lots. back drags better. The best thing is the looks.