1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

x-blade

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by ruff, Sep 19, 2005.

1. ruff

ruff Junior Member

I just bought a .05 F-350 with plow prep. I have had a Meyer plow for over 20 years (on 2 dif trucks). I am now shopping around brands . I do mostly small commercial plowing. I saw the fisher x-blade and wonder if any has any experiance with it performance which claims better scraping due to angle of blade.I am thinking of an 8' blade , I had 7.5. : :dizzy:

2. Dupesy

Dupesy Member

Excellent, I love it. The angle allows me to scrape up compacted snow and ice that a regular Fisher plow would not. They're a little more expensive, but I really like mine. I can't form an unbiased opinion, however, as I've never plowed with anything but a Fisher plow.

3. lakeeffect

lakeeffect Senior Member

I bought a 8' X-Blade last year and love it. Scrapes better, rolls snow better and best of all you don't have to ever paint it, just clean it up and put it away. Have used Fisher plows for years and they have always been the best out there but the X-Blade took it up a notch higher.

4. gcsupraman

gcsupraman Senior Member

The X-blade works great on lots but horrible on gravel. I bought my 8 ft X-blade in Jan 05 and just sold it last week used and bought a new HD blade (yellow) because I took on a few more gravel driveways for this year.

If you are doing paved driveways, you will love it.

-Greg

5. Gicon

Gicon Senior Member
    from MA

Go for the 8.5' in stead of the 8'...unless you dont mind hitting your mirrors when up close to buildings and such

6. Big Dog D

Big Dog D PlowSite.com Addict

I'll second that I have the 8 on my 05 F-350 and wish I had the 8.5 or 9.

I'll swap + $ w/anybody interested in down sizing! payup

7. CBGUNS

CBGUNS Junior Member

x

:yow!: I have had a X BLADE for 2 years now
    i LOVE it

8. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

My #1 choice for when i get a truck next year!!!

9. pjl400

pjl400 Junior Member

X Blade

I tend do disagree with gssupraman with regards to the x-blade being horrible with gravel driveways. I plow about 20 gravel driveways and the x-blade does an EXCELLENT Job. Wouldn't trade it for anything...Best thing is is that it will not rust, so the plow blade doesn't look like s@#t after a season of plowing gravel driveways:drinkup: :drinkup:

10. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

If I wasn't going blizzard for my new plow. A 9' X blade would be my next choice. (guess its from growing up in fisher land (new england))

11. Diesel-Man

Diesel-Man Junior Member

I don' t understand this difference. Why are the two types different?

12. 05DURAMAX

05DURAMAX Junior Member

Most of all my plowing is streets. I dont think there is a better plow for a pickup than the X-blade. The added weight of the plow along with the angle of the cutting edge ensures everything scrapes right up.

The Blizzard seems like a good plow for parking lots. All around seems like a well built plow. One question to the blizzard guys though, does the light frame have to stay on all winter?? It seems like many leave them on, is it because they are lazy or is it a PITA to remove??

The X-blade is great simply because there is no painting the plow. Granted the blade will rust overtime, but you can easily remove the stainless and paint it right up. A friend of mine also plows for the town with an 8foot fisher HD and the plow is two seasons old and looks like crap because there is no paint on one side.