1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

X blade

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by rmartini27, Oct 1, 2011.

1. rmartini27

rmartini27 Senior Member

I am finally about to buy an 8' ss X BLADE for my 2004 gmc 2500hd(6.6L). I value the opinion of most of you guys, that being said is there any reason why I should not get this plow. Also the 6.6L diesel has dual batteries does anyone which one i should use for the install. thank you all in advance for your opinions

2. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

For the price, I would buy an XV instead...but to each his own. As far as the battery, I believe you want to use the one closest to the charging system, which in your case is the driver's side.

3. rmartini27

rmartini27 Senior Member

i didnt really consider the XV off hand do you know the price for the XV? as far as the batteries thats what i thought thanks for confirming

4. RepoMan207

from Maine

Where are you, and what do you have for an existing setup?

5. rmartini27

rmartini27 Senior Member

i live in western Connecticut next to NY border in a town called New Fairfield. for the past six or seven years ive been using a 94 gmc 2500(5.7L) with a old fisher 8' plow. the truck is a time bomb waiting to explode so its time for a new set up

6. RepoMan207

from Maine

Dealer prices vary too much from region to region, you'll need to call your dealer for an accurate price.

7. rmartini27

rmartini27 Senior Member

thanks for the help i was quoted 5400 for the X BLADE taxes included. how does that price sound?

8. RepoMan207

from Maine

Ahhh, the word that comes to mind is........Outrageous! I can get a XV for around $4800, with everything truckside included. If your getting qouted $5400 for a straight blade.....lol!

Last edited: Oct 1, 2011
  9. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Guess I should ordered my plow through you. My XV cost more than $4800 :mad:

10. Raconteur

Raconteur Senior Member
    from MA

Do the price quotes include sales tax ? Apples to apples
    I had a Stainless Steel X Blade for 7 years . During the 7 years besides regular maintenence all I had to do was to replace the jackstand handle . It cost around $20 . X Blade is an excellent plow .

11. RepoMan207

from Maine

It's not a quote, I'm not the dealer. There is NO sales tax where I buy from. See link below in my signature.

What do you think the "X" is in Xtreme V? It's built from the same structure. 7 years is average in any of their plows imo. MY last plow.....or should I say 2 plows ago, was a 96', and other then peeling paint and surface rust, here and there, it was a solid plow. I did a complete restoration, and it was as good as new....I guarantee it will be around for another 10 years to come, just not with me.

12. RepoMan207

from Maine

Ouch! That sucks. Take into consideration that this an un installed price, you have to assemble everything.

To clarify, I'm not the dealer, if you're ever in the market for a plow, or parts, check out the link in my signature.

13. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

Damn Repo! We just paid 5900 for a XV last week. This is an installed price, I'd like to know what actual cost is on these plow's b/c the prices seem to be all over the place. My dealer said after shipping he only makes about 2-300 bucks on the plow and installs them for 300.00

14. RepoMan207

from Maine

I guarantee he is either lying, or is getting shafted by his sales guy. Understandably he is further from the factory, so between shipping, and quantity discounting....it all plays into it.

You can add an easy $400 for the install...but even then, that price is way too steep.

15. Brian Young

I didn't know either way, our first XV was new in 06 and we paid 5495.00 installed so I figured inflation and all. The new one needs to go back already to have some of the little things worked out and fixed....the chain lift has 2 extra links on one side and none on the other and both are pinch at the V arms, the blade takes about 30 seconds to lower completely and lastly the right wing takes twice as long as the right one to go into full V position.

16. kimber750

$5400 is the out the door price, installed, deflector and curb guards. And I still have at least a week until it is installed.

17. RepoMan207

from Maine

To give you an idea, I paid $5200 for my XLS, just plow side, and it was fully put together.

Typical install stuff. It's all simple to rectify, but if your paying them to install it....they damn well should do it right. The porblem is they fly through them. I see it all the time. Another dealer that I use for warranty stuff only (Not Lang's), reinstalled my guide poles backwards, it ended up ruining the wing, and the main blade because of it.

Have you read my thread on the new Fleet Flex yet? half assed assemblies are going to be a thing of the past.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2011
  18. RepoMan207

from Maine

What was done to your truck? What was your existing setup on it?

19. kimber750

Switched from 8' meyers to 8' 6" fisher xv. So needed everything.

20. Brian Young

Yes I did! Its good to see they're taking charge so to speak. Your exactly right...just rushing through it, just like my post in here "what does professional mean" (or something like that). I'm getting sooooo tired of paying top dollar for sub par work. Its just a few things but it's a few things I paid to have done and done right!