1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

X-blade won't lift

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by harley hauler, Jan 3, 2008.

1. harley hauler

harley hauler Senior Member

A freind of mine is running a new 9' x last storm during clean up drops blade and won't go back up, angles fine? I looked at it and the lift piston will raise but as soon as the weight of the blade is on it the piston retracts?? S**t stuck in the check valve, or reeds?? any thoughts would by great

2. Yaz

Yaz PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

I would guess poor connections on battery cables. Inspect battery cables, clean and re-attach all connections. It's possible but doubtful the Lift cylinder packing nut too tight. If so adjust lift cylinder packing nut. It could be a clogged pump filter but all functions are affected. Clean or replace filter, flush reservoir. May be a a worn or damaged pump. Go to Pump Pressure Test section. Then after that I would check to see if solenoid valve coil not activating properly. Hydraulic system malfunction. Go to Hydraulic System Test in PDF file link.

Good luck!

http://www.fisherplows.com/pdf/21935_120098.pdf

If it 's under 2 years old, it should be warranted as well.

3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Do you mean it will physically lift the blade off the ground but it drops as soon as you let off the control function?

Or it wont lift the blade off the ground at all?

4. harley hauler

I'll pass this one and yes it's still under warranty

5. harley hauler

It will lift of the ground abount and inch then when the weight of the blade is on the piston it drops right back down. Has nothing to do with the controller already ruled that out

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Sounds like a contamination problem....

For it lift but not hold, that could be caused by the S1 valve stuck shifted...and for it to not fully lift, the pump relief valve could be stuck partially.

You can pull the S1 out and check to see if it's stuck open...
    A pressure gage will tell you if you have a relief problem...

7. harley hauler

It's going to get looked at by the dealer Sat. I looked at it again tonight and like I said the piston goes up but once the slack is out of the chain it won't continue, but, two of us got on either side and pick up on the blade as he lifted and we got it all the way so he can move it. I'll let you guys know what the problem was when he gets it back. Thanks for all thoughts on what it could be!

8. JPMAKO

JPMAKO Senior Member

Probably the O-ring under the actual pump inside the casing.
    Just last week I saw one that either did not have an O-ring in it from the factory or was accidentally removed when changing fluid, and it was doing the same thing you describe.

9. JMurph

JMurph Junior Member

run this by your service guys tomorrow

i think there is a filler in the hydraulic fluid resovoir that may have come loose. As you raise the plow the level of hydraulic fluid lowers in the tank, the filter extends the length of the hose and allows it to take more fluid in, when this filter comes loose or falls off completely your plow only raises a couple of inches of the ground. I am looking on fisher's site now to give you a better description. if I find it I will let you know.

10. Yaz

Yaz PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

All good ideas but if you have a bad ground or power lead you could just be drawing to much current for the load of the blade. I would only guess the angeling uses way less current.

11. fire&ice

fire&ice Junior Member

Sounds like the pick up tube. If it falls off the motor runs but nothing happens. I am sure you ruled out water in the system aka freezing fluid