1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

x blade wings

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by cfdeng7, Sep 22, 2009.

1. cfdeng7

cfdeng7 Senior Member
    from CT

hey guys i remember seeing x blade wings on here last year but i remember they only came in yellow any one know if they come in stainless this year??

2. Snow Miser

Snow Miser Senior Member

They are still yellow, and they aren't for the x blade. Fisher only makes wings for the xtreme v plows

3. cfdeng7

cfdeng7 Senior Member
    from CT

oh thats disapointing i would love to have a set of stainless wings for my xblade. i just dont have the heart to "ruin" it with pro wings

4. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

I think the post you remember was the one of the SS Vxtreme Blade. They make a nice set of wings for that. But will not bolt right up to an Xblade.

5. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Seems like someone here modified a set of XV wings to fit the X. If the yellow really bothers you, get some silver paint.

6. cfdeng7

cfdeng7 Senior Member
    from CT

ya ive thought about that i think ill go down to fisher tmrw and check them out

7. sempatrue

sempatrue Junior Member

Wings?

Are they worth having if I onlly do two paking lots and the rest are driveways? I'm pushing a 8' 6" Stainless extreme V with my 2000 excursion. Don't want to make doing driveways worse than it is already. Also, what about snow foil Tired of snow all over the windsheild.

8. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

I probably wouldn't worry about the wings, but the rubber flap helps some .

9. cfdeng7

cfdeng7 Senior Member
    from CT

how much modification would be required for these to mount on a straight x blade?