1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

X-Blade Weight

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by monteballz, Feb 9, 2009.

1. monteballz

monteballz Member
    from Maine

I've got a 2007 GMC Sierra 2500HD (6.0 Gas) New Style pickup. I'm looking at putting an X-Blade on it next season. I'll be adding either a leveling kit or Timbrens to my front end to prevent sagging. I've searched and read a few threads on here and some people are claiming that the X-Blade is too heavy for 2500HD's. I'm actually looking at running the 8'6'' X-Blade. Any helpful information on this would be great!

2. antanddom

antanddom Member

A friend of mine has an 07 diesel with the Timbrens and cranking up the front end it still sags and hits going over dips in the road I would go with the reg. 8'
    Hope I could help

3. silvercity

silvercity Senior Member

Just put a 9FT Poly X-blade on my 09 2500HD GMC. handles it well....

4. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

Only with Dmax is it too heavy. 6.0 gasser you are fine.

5. ChevKid03

ChevKid03 Senior Member

It's all bull..... I have an 07 classic Duramax 2500HD with an 8ft X-blade SS. The truck has no timbrens and just a few cranks on the t-bars. Truck barely moves an inch with the plow raised. I use about 900lbs of ballast and no issues.

6. jefferson

jefferson Member

I have a 99 6.0l with a new 8.6 xtreame,no timbrens or anything just turn up the torsion bars a little and she handles that blade like nothing.
    Now i wished i would have bought the 9.6

7. antanddom

antanddom Member

:realmad:The 99 chevy is alot stronger the the new ones thats why.i had an 04 2500HD gas and it sucked

8. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

Classic is a different truck from the new one

9. bersh

bersh Senior Member

Um..., if you say so.