1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

X-Blade Question

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by RONK, Nov 22, 2009.

1. RONK

RONK Senior Member
    from NJ

I'm about to buy a new SS X-Blade,I'm not sure if I need the rubber deflector on it,any opinions?I'm pretty sure I'm going with the 8.6 blade any reason to go to the 8' blade,it's going on regular cab,8' bed truck?Thanks.

2. ChevKid03

ChevKid03 Senior Member

Depends on what your plowing? Parking lots and streets that you'll be traveling at a good pace I'd say YES.... If you get real fluffy powdery snow... YES.... Driveways... NO

3. ceoutdoor

ceoutdoor Junior Member

I would not plow without a deflector. They make a huge difference. As far as 8' vs 8.5' it depends on your accounts. What kind of accounts do you have? If they are mostly open I say the bigger the better. Have you look at the extreme V? I switched to an 8.5' extreme V from an 8' straight BOSS and it made a huge difference. It was well worth the extra cash. Most of my accounts are resi's and I have some townhome complexes.

4. Matson Snow

Matson Snow PlowSite.com Addict

Buy the 8.6 and the snow deflector..You won't be sorry

5. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

I put the deflector on my XV. It helps some with the light powdery snow.

6. RONK

RONK Senior Member
    from NJ

Thanks,I'll get the deflector and the 8.6 blade.

7. tastebeer

tastebeer Member

I have deflectors on all plows. They help reduce blow back, Get the deflector - when you need it most you won't be able to pick up one at 3am