1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

x blade question

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by duff daddy, Mar 23, 2008.

1. duff daddy

duff daddy Senior Member

hey guys

i baught a fisher 8ft hd last month the complete set up was 2k flat, push plates wiring, and everything, recently i found a guy thats looking to get rid of an 04 ss xblade which is 9ft. my 8ft is an 05 and fairly mint, very little rust and all connections looks good, no cutting edge but the blade has almost no wear (the guy never used it) well to cut to the chase the guy who has the x blade is looking for 2k. i know its not THAT great of a deal but just wanted some other oppinions, id be gaining a foot, losing a year and other then that im getting a little better blade i think. throw me a bone guys, thanks

duffy

2. plowman4life

plowman4life Senior Member

well your hd may have very little ruck but an SS xblade will not rust. its a bigger blade. much stronger plow. much more expensive plow. that xblade brand new is at least 5k if not more installed. so 2k for that plow is a pretty good deal in my book. also if both plows are minute mount 2 youll be able to drive right into that xblade mount it and drive away.

i would suggest going for it if you think you need it. i personally would. especialy a SS one. but thats just me. you have to look at the size of your jobs. if your just doing driveways a 9 foot blade is gonna be a PITA. if you do some drives and parking lots. then it would be a worth while investment.

3. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

If it's the same ss I'd been looking at, it's in Methuen & appears to have seen some use. I know he was also looking for 2k

100_1513.jpg

4. BigLou80

BigLou80 Senior Member

Duff daddy,

My next plow will be a stainless steel 9' if that tells you anything. I would ask vassars to look at the plow and tell you if its worth while and what it needs. I might know some one who is interested in your 8'

Lou

5. duff daddy

duff daddy Senior Member

haha yea that is the blade i was looking @ i figured getting a new cutting edge on it but other then that i really just wanted to look at it.

6. mc1

mc1 Senior Member

i dont know if you are mostly resi or comm. i gave a 9 ft ss x blade and do 2 or 3 driveways. what a pita i used to have a 8.5 ft hd put a set of pro wings i miss that plow you could move more snow with it than the 9ft pro wings only cost i think 225 mine held up pretty well bent one on a curb but torched it back save yourself 1700 bones another plus with the wings is they are removable they add 20 inches that would put you near 10 ft wide money well spent

7. duff daddy

duff daddy Senior Member

well that 9ft xblade it think is gonna be a little more then i wanted interms of size, but i did find a mint 8ft xlbade from brian in ipswitch for like 2800 and he said hes gonna consider a trade for my 8ft hd mm2 so i donno.

8. Chevy 2500 hd

Chevy 2500 hd Member

Last edited: Mar 27, 2008
  9. bdavis

bdavis Member

I looked at that plow too. Its actually an 03 and it's been welded in a fbunch of spots....its been plowed really hard by the look of it....the guy is a nice guy but plow is rough....he told me he would take 1800 but I still passed

10. duff daddy

duff daddy Senior Member

yea i talked to him on hte phone hes like yea i never used it commercially im like ahhhhh you dont buy a ss blade put it on a dulie and own a landscape company and not use it commercially..... oh well

11. bakerc8

bakerc8 Senior Member

buy the 9ft and get comercial accounts thats a steal and a cutting edge is like 50 bucks but its a great deal if you dont whant it sed me the guys info and ill buy it

12. cjasonbr

cjasonbr Senior Member
    from Mass

an 8' X-blade is a nice plow, but i don't think it would be worth the cash to upgrade from an 8' HD IMO.

What are you really paying for? A taller plow with a different finish.... not worth it. Keep the money, the HD will move just as much snow.

Brian in Ipswich is a good guy with fair prices though.

13. NorwayAuto&Plow

NorwayAuto&Plow Senior Member

In central New York, some of our customers complaind that the bigger blades wouldn't fit into some drivways. In my opinion... the best size blades to get would be like the 7.5 RD/HD because it can fit on any full size truck and is the most popular so resale is high. The other is the 8.5 ez v or XV because in v mode it still clears the rear tires (as long as the truck isn't duelly) and extended out straight it has a big span.

14. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

You're kidding, right? A 7.5 blade for commercial use?

15. NorwayAuto&Plow

READ MARK! He didn't say he was a commercial plower and i don't think he plows commercial with that ford. It's too nice! He probably does his driveway, acouple neighbor's, and some friend's and family's driveways.

I'm so glad i have an enemy on here. I'm just trying to help people out from my experiences. I know the number of sales on all the plows per year (in % of gross sales). You're just a customer in my book who can read (maybe) facts on the internet. Didn't people ever tell you that everything you read on the web might not be true? It's the experience and exposure that is the truth.... ALL 20 years of it!!!

16. Mark Oomkes

Never have truer words been spoken.

Well, almost never.

17. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

I can't wait till Gary or Brian from Fisher see these posts.

Hey Norway do you know whose those people are?

18. Mark Oomkes

I was thinking the same thing. They'll be soooooo very proud to have this fool representing them. lol

19. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Not sure why Duff (original thread starter) would want to swap his current 8' HD for a 7.5 RD. :confused: He just wanted to move to an X.

20. NorwayAuto&Plow

I give up... Only trying to help but Mark ooo monkeys and flipper don't like helpful infomation. Too bad... ask the other confused people on this site and see where it gets ya!

Last edited: Aug 15, 2008